Im kenny, but couldnt access my old account so I'm using this new until i retrive it.
Anyways, I have recently become a huge fan of Battle Royale games (Fortnite, H1Z1, PUBG etc.) and I have been thinkin if I with my skillset could pull of making a BR map for JK2. My ideas so far is:
1. Square/octagonal map with a pre decided middle point. Since I cannot make a storm I will have to make DMG zones that is acitvated as the game progresses. I was thinking maybe first zone gets activated after 2 minutes, then 2 minutes for next and so on and so on. There will be a server message every time that the players needs to move to the next zone.
2. The drop of the map could be similar to H1Z1, which is that u get a random spawn up in the air and fall down.
3. I want it to be a lot of saber and force, so I was thinking that the gamemode could be Holocron FFA. I will strategically place out Holocrons that you can pick up to gain force powers.
4. If you die you will drop all your forcepowers and spawn once again on top of the map. I could make a door function so that dead players no longer falls down to the playable map.
5. I will put out healing shrines. Either passive healing or I put out healing items.
This was my ideas so far. Stuff that im struggling with:
1. Will it be a problem to have a fixed middle point of the map? Will it be static and boring gameplay?
2. Is there any way to make the holocrons and weapons random?
3. Any way to make a clearly visible, passable wall that gets visible after a set time
If you have any other fun ideas or stuff you think could be added, leave a comment below