JK2 Battle Royale brainstorming

General topics about Star Wars or Jedi Knight II.
kenny_1

JK2 Battle Royale brainstorming

Post by kenny_1 »

Hi everyone

Im kenny, but couldnt access my old account so I'm using this new until i retrive it.

Anyways, I have recently become a huge fan of Battle Royale games (Fortnite, H1Z1, PUBG etc.) and I have been thinkin if I with my skillset could pull of making a BR map for JK2. My ideas so far is:

1. Square/octagonal map with a pre decided middle point. Since I cannot make a storm I will have to make DMG zones that is acitvated as the game progresses. I was thinking maybe first zone gets activated after 2 minutes, then 2 minutes for next and so on and so on. There will be a server message every time that the players needs to move to the next zone.
2. The drop of the map could be similar to H1Z1, which is that u get a random spawn up in the air and fall down.
3. I want it to be a lot of saber and force, so I was thinking that the gamemode could be Holocron FFA. I will strategically place out Holocrons that you can pick up to gain force powers.
4. If you die you will drop all your forcepowers and spawn once again on top of the map. I could make a door function so that dead players no longer falls down to the playable map.
5. I will put out healing shrines. Either passive healing or I put out healing items.

This was my ideas so far. Stuff that im struggling with:

1. Will it be a problem to have a fixed middle point of the map? Will it be static and boring gameplay?
2. Is there any way to make the holocrons and weapons random?
3. Any way to make a clearly visible, passable wall that gets visible after a set time

If you have any other fun ideas or stuff you think could be added, leave a comment below :D
Kevin
Administrator

Re: JK2 Battle Royale brainstorming

Post by Kevin »

I think I remember @fau talking about wanting to make such thing in the past too?
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Sounds like it would be fun. May not be too hard with some server side modifications, for someone familiar with the source code.

For the borders, a map could use doors that only open/close once, triggered by a timer running out.
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

looking forward to this idea
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Boothand wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 12:55 Sounds like it would be fun. May not be too hard with some server side modifications, for someone familiar with the source code.

For the borders, a map could use doors that only open/close once, triggered by a timer running out.
Maybe a huge map with various paths and hallways, which close in a random order when a timer runs out, activating a kill trigger within the mins/maxs of said rooms/area. Maybe once the countdown for an area gets to a certain percentage, lights in the area would change colour, indicating that there is not long until the area closes off.

Would require a map to suit it, and obviously custom logic to be written for it. Not really a fan of the mode/game myself though, so I am not going to spend time on developing it, with other modes in mind I'd rather do.
Peyton

Post by Peyton »

Is the battle royale idea still alive btw? I think that'd be a ton of fun.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)