Another bug in JK2MV?

General discussion and help regarding JK2MV.
KingYodah

Another bug in JK2MV?

Post by KingYodah »

Hey pals,

today I tried to exec chicagostreets_jo map on our SoL server but because I didn't have it, I wanted to have JK2MV to auto download it for me, but I got this error and I don't know why. Perhaps you figure it out, ty ^.^

Daggolin
Administrator

Re: Another bug in JK2MV?

Post by Daggolin »

I assume the filename on your server has got a space in it. The original jk2 download system didn't support spaces in filenames and as we maintain legacy compatibility jk2mv doesn't support spaces either.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Or perhaps this map is blacklisted by server admin?
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

fau wrote: 31 May 2017, 22:11 Or perhaps this map is blacklisted by server admin?
I think in that case jk2mv doesn't reference the file and the client won't attempt to download it. I think it's a space in the file name, something like "Chicago Streets.pk3" and the client tries to download "Chicago.pk3" from the server, cause the filename gets sent over with the spaces and the client considers spaces to be seperators between files.
KingYodah

Post by KingYodah »

fau wrote: 31 May 2017, 22:11Or perhaps this map is blacklisted by server admin?
We definitely don't have it blacklisted and the map works for those who downloaded it by other means. And the space in filename..? Hm..
KingYodah

Post by KingYodah »

KingYodah wrote: 31 May 2017, 22:25
fau wrote: 31 May 2017, 22:11Or perhaps this map is blacklisted by server admin?
We definitely don't have it blacklisted and the map works for those who downloaded it by other means. And the space in filename..? Hm..
Edit: looks like it, ty
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

In HTTP the error 403 means the file is forbidden by the server (or where is stored), if you are the hoster you should check the file or folder permissions.

Anyways check if the file has the same name in the base folder. for example if the file is "Chicago.pk3" in the download reference list should be name exactly "Chicago.pk3", if is "chicago.pk3" with lowercase maybe you will have a problem.
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Tr!Force wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 13:03 In HTTP the error 403 means the file is forbidden by the server (or where is stored), if you are the hoster you should check the file or folder permissions.
Thats a good point Triforce. Are you guys using an external webserver? (I didn't even document this feature but it has been there for a while now)
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Tr!Force wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 13:03 In HTTP the error 403 means the file is forbidden by the server (or where is stored), if you are the hoster you should check the file or folder permissions.
Removing the space in the pk3 filename fixed the issue, so it didn't have to do with their permissions, but more the issue Daggo pointed out.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)