Hi there folks

New to the forum or to the game? Or a longtimer? Either way, tell us about yourself here!
reaper

Hi there folks

Post by reaper »

Not sure if anyone still around is old enough or even played the same version, nevermind gametype as myself so I'll give a brief introduction and a few things I'd like to share, if indeed some of those files are not available for download. It mostly consists of demos(clan matches, tournament matches, 1v1 matches, and others), maps, skins etc. Mostly 1.04. I suspect at least a a large chunk of demos, maybe a few maps and skins may no longer be available on the net and may in fact only be useful for a stroll down memory lane for a good olde dose of nostalgia).

I'm here looking for anyone who may have been involved in the competitive EU (Although we did have a few US players) 1.04 TFFA scene from anywhere between 2004-2011. If you played in some of the tournaments of that time period you might know me from Golden Hilt Season 2, JK2Leagues community based tournaments and a few other smaller events throughout those years. If so please get in touch as I'm trying to get contact details for a few old timers.

The other side of the coin is I have a JK2 folder that is 7.32GB in size, 800mb of which is demos dating from the first year of JK2 til around 2011. Around 2GB of maps (including a few private maps and beta maps that were unreleased), can't be sure because skins are mixed amongst them and they are spread out over different folders within gamedata for lots of different mods from that time period. It may be that there is already or has been a collective project to collect as much JK2 files as possible and my inactivity has no bearing on the files already available for public download but if anyone out here is interested and wants the files I have please let me know where and I will either upload them to a place of your choice, or if you would like them uploaded to a simple file sharing website for download so you can add them to other files. I, and a few others put a few months of hard effort into collecting as much as we possibly could before old team websites or tournament sites or just file sharing websites went down along with the only download links for many of the files.

Anyway I will be around on discord, #jk2 on irc and here intermittently for at least a few weeks, so as I say, if you need to contact me or are interested in any files I may have please let me know. Shame for them to be wasting away on my HDD untouched and unloved for 5 or so odd years.
Kevin
Administrator

Re: Hi there folks

Post by Kevin »

MrWonko from JKA made a backup of JK2files shortly before it was closed, so you should be able to find most old maps and such there:

http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Outcast/

Welcome to the forum ^_^

If you give us a few names of players you remember we can tell you if they still play or not :D
Valar

Post by Valar »

Hi reaper~ I remember you. JK2L was fun! I was Ferocious.c/|tz then.
reaper

Post by reaper »

Kameleon wrote:MrWonko from JKA made a backup of JK2files shortly before it was closed, so you should be able to find most old maps and such there:

Welcome to the forum ^_^

If you give us a few names of players you remember we can tell you if they still play or not :D
Well that's some good news to be honest. I think I may have a few maps unavailable from JK2files but it would only be a few, some unreleased , private and some beta maps. Either way if someone could point me in the direction of the most up-to-date index for JK2 Files, or all sites hosting files, I'll be happy to go through them and add any missing, or even earlier versions of other uploads.

I think most of the demos I have, probably the majority, where never on any mass public download sites. Mostly because they are 1.04 Competitive TFFA which was quite a small community within itself(even if it was one of the bigger 1.04 gametypes.) But JK2files never really had much of a demo section for 1.04 so most demos were uploaded to clan sites or competition sites which are long since dead.
Valar wrote:Hi reaper~ I remember you. JK2L was fun! I was Ferocious.c/|tz then.
Hey there, recognise the name from days long gone by. There was a few of you guys, I think that bronZe and Xandy might even have been involved?(I'd love to get new contact details for those 2 if you have any) Yeah we had some genuine fun times on JK2L. I think it had a lot to do with the fact we liked randomise teams or play events that didn't necessarily have automatic winners(The FFA events always ended up with different winners). I'd personally like to set something up again, even a multi-version effort, but I would need dedicated help and support, especially now, to make it successful.

How does 1.04 fair these days? Much in the same way of the TFFA of old, or are most of the older regular saber only TFFA players still around? I would still be willing to try sort something out either way but some of the older players have a lot of experience at organising these gigs, and if I'm honest I'd need the help to sort something out. If you've seen hav0c, PinGu, dq, or Marlboro around recently please PM any contact details for them as I'd really like to organise a proper event for those left playing, and as I say, multi-version is entirely open to me.

I still have the demos from JK2L events so hopefully I can get them uploaded and you can see yourself from 6 years ago :lol:
Valar

Post by Valar »

reaper wrote:Hey there, recognise the name from days long gone by. There was a few of you guys, I think that bronZe and Xandy might even have been involved? (I'd love to get new contact details for those 2 if you have any)
Ah yes, team had eight players.. (Hav0c, PinGu, Xandy, BronZe, ra1Zen, c/|tz, Ach1lles, AirWave)
Most can be reached on facebook. Hav0c and PinGu disappeared completely - I'll send pm with contact info!
reaper

Post by reaper »

Kameleon wrote: 24 Dec 2016, 09:57 MrWonko from JKA made a backup of JK2files shortly before it was closed, so you should be able to find most old maps and such there:

Welcome to the forum ^_^

Hi there.

I helped organise with members of [CRAWL] and eo)( for Golden Hilt Season 2 and many other JK2L fun competitions. Stopped playing seriously around 2009/10 but mainly because there was few recognizable names in the game. I'll be honest, a lot of people did not like me near the end of my play time but if I'm honest my attitude wasn't always great and I tended to be quite impartial to tournament rules which upset people on most sides of the contest one way or another.

And after we hosted GHS2 eVc decided that he had to update jkbot, which made it all the more harder to organise legitimate competitions. In fact multiple individual referees had to review demo evidence (mostly poor saber aimbot work) which alienated many of the participating teams.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but it would genuinely need to be a worlwide effort to have a high chance of success ability. More than likely requiring more than saber only combat. Maybe even multi version matches (1x1.04 vs 1x1.02 for example. As I say, I really hate being cynical about the first game to ever hook me entirely, but people make the community cohesion and not the game itself.

Maybe I've been gone too long and please correct me on anything you think invalid - I'm simply stating experiences from tournaments based around 2004-2009
reaper

Post by reaper »

Kameleon wrote: 24 Dec 2016, 09:57 MrWonko from JKA made a backup of JK2files shortly before it was closed, so you should be able to find most old maps and such there:

Welcome to the forum ^_^

Hey there.

Spent a lil while looking through that site and I genuinely believe that there a files on my HDD that could contribute to those files. Not so much maps - although I do have a few unmentioned in the index but demos I found to be quite rare. If anyone can get me contact details for mrwonko I'd be happy to upload them and have him verify them (warning demos will take a long time to verify as they include (=TIE=) and original eF on-wards.)

I also believe that the map section is missing a few very good strafe maps (Maybe I'm out of date and wrong) but for example I have beta versions of iG instagib strafe training and XycaleTh's (I assume some of you know him from the original league mod - at 16 years old - and whatever great things he does these days) but he also made an almost unlimited and unbearable strafe map that consists of learning to tune your timing to perfection or simply failing miserably and losing speed. There is also a mod from iCTF's Sabertooth I think some may enjoy, especially for strafe training as it shows your current speed and removes many distractions using r_picmap (is that right? my rcon is rusty ^^)

It's hard to confirm the rest but as far as I can tell 9k_a is missing from duel map downloads - no ones fault - it was orginally an eliteorder)( only map designed by eo)(Disreputes brother. I forget his name but to say he was a rather big deal in Q3 engine games of the period is no exaggeration. SO much so that his ability to strafe was second to none - he stopped playing jk2 long before hand - including beating the likes of some iG iCTF members and hav0c and bronze.

If the site admin wishes to check these files out, delete duplicates etc, please PM me and link me to a rather large free upload site (7.5gb would do nicely for my gamedata folder) ':) Duplicates and unnecessary items that I may have missed I'm happy to leave behind and trust the decisions of the site owner. Unfortunately I don't seem to have statistic files from competitive matches but with a few lucky contacts I think that can be sorted out.

PS - I apologize for being so late to reply but I was stuck in hospital from January to late March after surgery.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Hey,
If you want to get in touch with some TFFA and iCTF people please show up on our discord more (JKII - PUG), I see you're added already. We play 2v2 games almost daily. No luck getting enough people excited about iCTF so far, but there are a few old players already (dark, hav0c, disrepute) and few new ones who are willing to play.

I don't know about demo database, maybe mrwonko will host some of yours. 7gb is a lot, you could just upload it to some cloud hosting service and pass the link. If you have results (at least year, name, type, winner) from some tournaments not listed here: https://jkhub.org/wiki/index.php?title= ... ournaments please let me know or fill them in. I know there are a lot missing, just don't have enough info to fill them. Also some links would be highly appreciated.
reaper

Post by reaper »

7GB was for the entire gamedata folder - to be honest a lot of that can be removed either due to duplicates or old mods/files.

Unfortunately the one thing I cannot find is the match reports from GH seasons - Disrepute is probably the most likely person to have these files. There are some from GHS1 but as far as I can tell none from season 2. The tournament database site is actually a lot more complete than I would've imagined, although I may be able to shed some light on some of the force of one results by sorting the demos from them out a bit (unfortunately many of the Force of one demos are not dated/marked other than playervsplayer.

I will find somewhere to upload the demos for the time being. Once I've got a bit more time on my hands I'll try my best to arrange them by date/competition.

https://ufile.io/22c70 - complete demo list (I think, as I say I'll need to have a good proper look through) link will expire in 30 days.
HaSTe

Post by HaSTe »

Hi, me and a friend (HaSTe and OverKiLl) used to be a part of eo)( eliteorder, but I think it was before 2004 (too long to remember). A few members were Dark, Disrepute, Kakarot, Jedi-J (I think).

We played in a Jolt League, and also took park in the Clanbase matches that took eo)( to second place in the league (just below eF).

We recently found loads of end of match screenshots from the clan TFFA matches, and also videos of rounds 1 and 2 of eo VS eF (close game). It's amazing th stuff you can find on an old computer :).

I have Tech from the fcuk clan on Facebook and I'm pretty sure he's is in frequent contact with Pingu (rl friends I'm sure).

I was sure the JK2 online scene was dead :-/
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

HaSTe wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 06:28I was sure the JK2 online scene was dead :-/
Welcome back ;)
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

HaSTe wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 06:28 Hi, me and a friend (HaSTe and OverKiLl) used to be a part of eo)( eliteorder, but I think it was before 2004 (too long to remember). A few members were Dark, Disrepute, Kakarot, Jedi-J (I think).

We played in a Jolt League, and also took park in the Clanbase matches that took eo)( to second place in the league (just below eF).

We recently found loads of end of match screenshots from the clan TFFA matches, and also videos of rounds 1 and 2 of eo VS eF (close game). It's amazing th stuff you can find on an old computer :).

I have Tech from the fcuk clan on Facebook and I'm pretty sure he's is in frequent contact with Pingu (rl friends I'm sure).

I was sure the JK2 online scene was dead :-/
Hi,
Check out our discord here: https://discord.gg/9ptNfpK You'll be able to find some old friends there and get get some games going.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)