Grip tower 3

Any user-submitted maps as well as popular community made maps can be found here!
kenny

Grip tower 3

Post by kenny »

If there is any intrest here i have now made my 4th map. This has a similar start to the previous map i uploaded but then goes over to a tower. This map has some easy parts but is mostly quite tricky and hard. Due to some FPS problems with adding too many bactas, i feared that with this big map there might be some issues so i decided to not add any. Instead i recommend using the command for dcmod, or similar commands in other mods:

amacceleratedrestitution name 9999 9999

I do not recommend starting with this map. Try reach to the later levels in some of my other maps before trying with this!

/Kenny
Attachments
grip3.pk3
(5.77 MiB) Downloaded 1066 times
shot0030.jpg
shot0030.jpg (148.22 KiB) Viewed 23991 times
shot0009.jpg
shot0009.jpg (98.93 KiB) Viewed 23991 times
shot0007.jpg
shot0007.jpg (93.33 KiB) Viewed 23991 times
shot0006.jpg
shot0006.jpg (88.81 KiB) Viewed 23991 times
Last edited by kenny on 08 Aug 2016, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Daggolin
Administrator

Re: Grip tower 3

Post by Daggolin »

I have never tried it with bactas, but using the "wait" key you should be able to override the respawn-delay of items. A value of "1" should have the item respawn within 1 second. I am not sure if values lower than 1 (such as 0.001 or -2) work, but I am certain that "0" will use the default time and "-1" prevents the item from ever respawning. Maybe you can figure something out with this to decrease your bacta-count, yet giving players access to enough bacta to complete your challenges. ;)

In case fall-damage is one of your issues: I am not sure how to do it, but you can use shaders to mark surfaces as "no falldamage" surfaces. Acrobat usually does that on her jump maps, preventing falldamage even on basejk servers that have falldamage enabled.

No need for additional mods. ;)
kenny

Post by kenny »

I am sorry but i failed a bit with the doors that wont open, i tried to solve it but didint work so i raged and just removed. I uploaded the latest version, everything should work now!
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

I would like to suggest that once you have released a version of a map you either rename the bsp or the bsp&pk3 before you upload another version. If users have got incompatible versions of the map they might drop out of the server when the map gets loaded, making them unable to play it without finding the same version the server uses. And if the server is still running "an earlier upload" of your map they probably won't be able to tell what's wrong or even solve the issue.
kenny

Post by kenny »

My bad, i will think of it next time.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)