[CANCELLED] 1on1 Saber Tournament #2 ~ 4/10/2016

Announce or find tournaments to participate in here!

What map would you like to play on?

ffa_bespin
17%
ffa_CloudShark
33%
ffa_deathstar
No votes
ffa_yavin
17%
ProArenav13
33%

Total votes: 6

Miso

[CANCELLED] 1on1 Saber Tournament #2 ~ 4/10/2016

Post by Miso »

[CANCELLED]

You asked for it, you got it. The second 1on1 Saber Tournament of 2016 hosted by Miso is here.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP (Requires Challonge Account)
If you do not want to create a Challonge account, you can sign up by doing one of the following:
1. Reply on this topic saying you're joining
2. Let me know on:
* Steam - Jj.miso
* Skype - lifecinemas
* IRC - #jk2pickup
* In game

Date / Time: April 10th, 2016 @ 3:00PM EST (East Coast USA)
Here's some timezone clarification for those who struggled last time ;)
United Kingdom = 8:00PM
France, Germany, Poland, Netherlands, etc. = 9:00PM
Romania, Greece, Estonia, Ukraine, etc. = 10:00PM

Server: 1on1 Saber Tournament 4/10/16
185.25.149.174:28078

Server Location: Poland

Version: 1.04

Type: 1v1 Double Elimination

Best of: 5

Map: ProArenav13

Mod: SaberMod
Place your config in the folder: Gamedata/SaberMod

Download SaberMod Clientside : Place in Gamedata/SaberMod
[attachment=0]SaberMod-7a9aa10.pk3[/attachment]

Hi-Res Fonts
[attachment=1]hi-res-fonts.pk3[/attachment]

RULES:
1. Each round plays best of 5. First to 3 wins.
2. Double Elimination. If you lose once, you will be placed in the loser's bracket and will have another chance to come back. If you lose again, you are out.
3. Everybody fighting must start with 100/100 HP.
4. Stay in spectator until it is your turn to play. Those who are not playing must stay in spectator. There will be time for everyone to play before the tournament while people warm up.
5. If you are caught doing any of the following: disrupting matches, using scripts (lagscript, etc), or causing problems (fighting, spamming, etc), will be removed from the server.

Stay tuned for more information and see you on Sunday!
Attachments
SaberMod-7a9aa10.pk3
(322.1 KiB) Downloaded 1959 times
hi-res-fonts.pk3
(669.03 KiB) Downloaded 1884 times
Last edited by Miso on 10 Apr 2016, 19:49, edited 8 times in total.
Jj.miso
fau
Staff

Re: 1on1 Saber Tournament #2 ~ 4/10/2016

Post by fau »

There won't be any chance to kick on sabermod.
How about a map poll this week? I don't think this can go wrong, in the worst case we will play on ffa_bespin :P My vote goes to ProArenav3, unless you've something new to try out. I collected and tested a lot of great (and great looking!) duel maps last year, but it's hard to make a tournament using duel gametype.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

If you've got any ideas for player or spectator features that may be useful for such event, pleas write me asap so I have time to implement them.
Miso

Post by Miso »

fau wrote:If you've got any ideas for player or spectator features that may be useful for such event, pleas write me asap so I have time to implement them.
I liked all your ideas you listed on Sunday, such as the spectator chat. If we're gonna use ProArena this time, I don't think people will have to spectate.

However, that being said, I began a poll for people to vote for a map, differing between 3 stock maps (Bespin, Deathstar, & Yavin), and CloudShark & ProArena.

I'd really like to have people vote, and not just like 3 people ^^
Jj.miso
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Wow, yavin sounds like a cool 1v1 map, never thought of it.
Miso

Post by Miso »

I have people voting on the SoL forum as well...3 votes for ProArena and 1 for Cloudshark as of 8:53AM on 4/7/2016
Jj.miso
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

When I was streaming stuff, it was handy to have people in spectator, but there's an equally important reason - a tournament fight won't be exciting if no one is watching. Having 10-15 people pay attention to your fight makes it that many times more meaningful. This also carried over to the streams I did. Seeing people in the background doing a TFFA when they're done automatically carried over dullness over to the stream. Also 4 groups fighting at once makes the focus so spread out and hard to pay attention to.

Great that you're doing tournaments though, all too rare in JK2, but I think the few tournaments that do take place could improve a lot simply by directing people's attention to the action (whether they would rather jump/fight around or not) :D
Miso

Post by Miso »

Boothand wrote:When I was streaming stuff, it was handy to have people in spectator, but there's an equally important reason - a tournament fight won't be exciting if no one is watching. Having 10-15 people pay attention to your fight makes it that many times more meaningful. This also carried over to the streams I did. Seeing people in the background doing a TFFA when they're done automatically carried over dullness over to the stream. Also 4 groups fighting at once makes the focus so spread out and hard to pay attention to.

Great that you're doing tournaments though, all too rare in JK2, but I think the few tournaments that do take place could improve a lot simply by directing people's attention to the action (whether they would rather jump/fight around or not) :D
I know what you mean for sure. It makes your job easier cycling through the players rather than having to cycle through like 20 players. It can take a while and can be very annoying. I have had people spectate in previous tournaments, in fact that's one of the rules for this upcoming tournament:
miso wrote:4. Stay in spectator until it is your turn to play. Those who are not playing must stay in spectator. There will be time for everyone to play before the tournament while people warm up.
However, I usually have at LEAST 3 matches going on at once. If we did a match one-by-one (like how I used to on ffa_bespin), the tournament would take forever. The way how I have it now is still about a 2 hour tournament. I can only imagine how much longer it would be if it was 1 game at a time...
I personally would not mind doing it this way, but I am almost completely positive that almost everyone would lose patience.
Jj.miso
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

On sabermod you can switch between dueling players you're currently spectating with +use button. Bind follownext and followprev to be able to cycle in both directions.

Also now you can chat on spectator without disturbing players, I know ppl are a lot more likely to comment on games in duel gametype because of it.

I can understand why people don't want to spectate through whole tournament though. There is no competition, rivarly, drama and cheering as back in the days. It's mostly fun and engaging for players themselves. Also generally "newschool" players are more laid off and don't care all that much about competitive aspect, most top players are from early 2000s era, even though there are many new players around.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Yeah, do simultaneous fights for sure, needs to be a reasonable time frame as well.
Miso wrote:If we're gonna use ProArena this time, I don't think people will have to spectate.
I just wanted to say that it wasn't only for the streams, but also the culture of a tournament. But you guys know better if it's suited or not, however all tournaments I can remember in 1.02 was very attentive by the audience, and I would personally feel much more encouraged to fight and win a spectated fight, or to watch a fight that is being paid attention to.

Nice one, @fau, sounds useful.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

If you happen to know the client number of the person you want to follow you can simply use /follow <clientNum>. Or the mod could be adjusted to support names instead of only client numbers to make it even easier. ;)
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Daggolin wrote:Or the mod could be adjusted to support names instead of only client numbers to make it even easier. ;)
It does fuzzy name matching in follow and other commands.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

i will try to come but my current connection sometimes suddenly decides to drop all packets for about 5-10 seconds
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Disable the windows firewall. ^^
Miso

Post by Miso »

The SaberMod clientside has been posted, please download ^^. Fau will make a full release in the Downloads section in the near future.
Hope to see you all there!
Jj.miso
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Omg, I completely disabled chat beep by mistake. Clientside will by updated by the evening. Pls go there and test if cg_privateDuel works correctly if you can.
Miso

Post by Miso »

New clientside posted
Jj.miso
Miso

Re: [CANCELLED] 1on1 Saber Tournament #2 ~ 4/10/2016

Post by Miso »

Tournament is cancelled; nobody showed up.
Jj.miso
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Didn't realize it was today due to the dates being displayed he american way xD
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

But you were ready for the 4th of October, right Kameleon?
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Boothand wrote:But you were ready for the 4th of October, right Kameleon?
Of course :D :lol:
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Miso wrote:Tournament is cancelled; nobody showed up.
That's an overstatement.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

was stuck in traffic on the highway if that counts :x
Miso

Post by Miso »

fau wrote:
Miso wrote:Tournament is cancelled; nobody showed up.
That's an overstatement.
My mistake...3 people showed up..

I'll attempt to do it again this upcoming Sunday (April 17th 2016).
Jj.miso
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

More like 5. We should have made an open training/duelling session out of it, but I was too preoccupied with figuring out why mvapi doesn't work and everyone left.
Maybe scorp is right and this is too often for current activity? How about announcing it now, for next sunday after this? LoD took this route and it worked great for them
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)