hax

Some servers allow you to use some "code mods" to expand on the server's functionality, as a client or as a host. Expect things like custom saber colors, new console commands, nice admin tools and more.
Tr!Force

Re: hax

Post by Tr!Force »

fau wrote:Well, if you accept cheating in your 1.02 community then I'm not going to recommend it anymore. It's kinda sad though.
I hope nobody uploads 1.04 cheats here.
I can understand a little bit ur point, but ur observation is more to a clans, guilds or closed communities.

First of all this isnt "the ouned & daggoin community", this is all of us.

Second, This is a free community, for everyone, hackers, modders, mappers, oldders, newers, etc... Everyone related with jk2 is welcome...and, this isnt only a 1.02 community. Is for all versions

If someone want to use cheats, nice... If not, nice too. If someone want to play with bots, nice.. If someone wants play with alot of skins/textures chamged, nice too. :D

You cant force everyone to have the same tastes.

Thats my opinion :P peace and love for everyone :roll:
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

Reading through it, the achievements sound cool.

Cheating in any form is bad though. Because it proves you just aren't good enough if u have to use hax to gain an advantage.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Of course. But using it to play on common ground in a special gametype, where both parties agree (or in this case demand it of each other), is fair enough.
Kazuka

Post by Kazuka »

Boothand wrote:Of course. But using it to play on common ground in a special gametype, where both parties agree (or in this case demand it of each other), is fair enough.
You made it straight to the point, Boothand.

If both parties agree on it, why it should be bad for one of them?
Same for the gametype FL which includes a wallhack nowadays. It became a rule like rules we have in other gametypes like FF, PP, etc...

So in both cases it's absolutely okay to use that kind of cheat in my opinion.
Last edited by Kazuka on 29 Dec 2015, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Just to be clear, by special gametype, I meant FL, since that's the only gametype that traditionally uses wallhack.
FL is pretty interesting without wallhack too, but with and without are two completely different styles of competition. Seeing where the opponent is but not knowing when or in what way they will approach, vs not knowing where they are but being able to surprise them in ways that aren't possible with wallhack.

I'd be interested in playing FL without wallhack but with a serverside modded Force Seeing that has a cost of 20-30 points, but lets you regain force while using it. So it's like a more powerful wallhack at the cost of only being able to turn it on when you're 'safe' to do so. Once it's turned on and you regained those 20-30 points, it's like a wallhack (that lasts 20-30 seconds).
Kazuka

Post by Kazuka »

Boothand wrote:I'd be interested in playing FL without wallhack but with a serverside modded Force Seeing that has a cost of 20-30 points, but lets you regain force while using it. So it's like a more powerful wallhack at the cost of only being able to turn it on when you're 'safe' to do so. Once it's turned on and you regained those 20-30 points, it's like a wallhack (that lasts 20-30 seconds).
Actually that's an interesting idea. :)
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

If both parties agree on it, why it should be bad for one of them?
Because it's spreading cheating culture among players. Maybe for you it's ok to use wh in fl but not in ctf. For someone else it may be ok to use it in ctf too, whatever; "Everyone can download it from the internet". If you keep repeating such arguments ppl will use them as an excuse for cheating.

Also you're using an external cheat that works in any gametype - it says something about it's author's intentions since it could be easily limited to fl. Do you really believe ppl don't use it in other gametypes? How are you gonna catch actual cheaters when having and using this is totally acceptable? They can just say that they forgot to disable it or some other excuse, even when caught red-handed (eg by classic screensot self-bust).

On a sidenote, why do you need wh for fl? Iirc you always make footstep sound in jk2, even when you walk. I can tell where you are most of the time even with my crappy earphones.
church

Post by church »

What is this thing?
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

It's a clientside mod that is used by the community who plays FL (fun-lame) which has a wallhack. The gametype is separate from FF/PP and takes place on the entire map, and is based off a no-rules mindset where you use force in ways that otherwise would be regarded unfair (hence 'lame').

It used to be a way of fighting that two people mad at each other used to win, and wallhacks made its way into it, since it's easier to chase people with it and so. Eventually this style of fighting developed as a thing many people enjoyed and would rather do than FF/PP, and the wallhack stayed.

Ideally it would be integrated with a server-side mod, like fau suggested earlier, but this is what exists. It's here for convenience of the 1.02 force community which has (relatively) many FL players, but it's also a stupid situation because nobody wants cheaters, and this can be used to break CTF because of wallhack, for instance, unless the server somehow blocks it.

So whether it 'should' be here or not is hard to answer, but it's a thing that exists that many people need or prefer. It's not 'for' the cheaters, but it can be used by cheaters which is bad and unfortunate.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)