SoL NF #17

Announce or find tournaments to participate in here!
Epic

SoL NF #17

Post by Epic »

Sorry for the delay, the new bracket is up!

SoL NF # 17

Sign-Up Page
Epic

Re: SoL NF #17

Post by Epic »

Another busy tourney! God almost snatched victory but Vtec took it down!

Results!
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Someone's gotta break V-tec's streak soon..! Although it looked very promising for God a long while there. Was very fun watching the finals. Nice stuff.

http://www.twitch.tv/jk2info/v/16973633

Will get a youtube link up soon.
Epic

Post by Epic »

For people that watch the stream of this tournament and others held on the SoL server, we get an active FFA group that like to play there and they aren't particularly friendly with each other. So apologies if that affects the streaming of the NF tournament. There isn't a lot we can do about it given we are one of the last active NF+FF servers right now. We do try to limit their effect on the tournament but sometimes it does affect it, hence the pauses in the final match.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I'm quite accustomed to unfriendliness within communities, the CTF in 1.02 has drama pretty often. That's not really an issue for me.

For me and potential viewers (during or after the stream), I think what could make it better is what I've stated before, about people not actually watching the tournament they're participating in. It doesn't really feel important, because if you lose, you just go and FFA until the map changes after the tournament. In some cases I don't know if two people dueling in a colored room are still participating in the tournament either.
The JediJunkies tournament on friday was great to stream because people stayed in the spectators and Miso stayed around in TS during the stream :P
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Epic wrote:(...) we get an active FFA group that like to play there and they aren't particularly friendly with each other. So apologies if that affects the streaming of the NF tournament.
I haven't noticed anyone beeing actively unfriendly on SoL servers :o (there are ppl just laming around etc. but they don't pick on anyone in particular and ppl who want to do something else just ignore them). If anything, these communites used to completely ignore each other and play on separate servers so it's hard to speak of "unfriendliness" or any other attitude.
Epic

Post by Epic »

Well I meant more that the FFA community aren't particularly friendly with each other and it can spill out the rest of the server at times.
Kazuka

Post by Kazuka »

I would say whole jk2 is a rough place. 8-)
In every corner you'll find someone who wants to bother you out off the game.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Kazuka | nD wrote:I would say whole jk2 is a rough place. 8-)
In every corner you'll find someone who wants to bother you out off the game.
Really? That sucks, this is not how it was when I started playing :/ All other online games I've ever tried couldn't match JK2 I experienced in terms of good atmosphere/friendliness (ofc it wasn't all sweet love, just more balanced like in real life).
I thought in 2015 ppl would be smart enough to realize they need every player they can get.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

fau wrote:I thought in 2015 ppl would be smart enough to realize they need every player they can get.
Sadly there is still a lot of people who did not realise that. :(
Kazuka

Post by Kazuka »

Daggolin wrote:
fau wrote:I thought in 2015 ppl would be smart enough to realize they need every player they can get.
Sadly there is still a lot of people who did not realise that. :(
Indeed. When did you started playing jk2, fau?
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Kazuka | nD wrote:Indeed. When did you started playing jk2, fau?
In 2004 iirc. I played exclusively on Polish servers back then though.

I'm not complaining about modern players, from my experience they are rather nice and friendly as well, but I'm not a new/anonymous player anymore and my experience may be skewed. I was rather astonished by your post.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

In 1.02 there's an unpleasant amount of people just lashing out at each other, or at people who have said nothing to them. I'd say almost every time I play CTF and sometimes in NF (anything where movement and saber defence is involved) I get really hated on by namehiders, accusing me of sucking/being terrible, having saber defence hacks, wallhacks, scripting etc.

Luckily I'm staying mostly away from that community, and the FFA force/NF scene is a bit more friendly, has a bit more clan culture and has less pressure on performing well in a team etc. Still, some people go all out on each other there too, just more rarely. You can still have a good time in JK2 most of the time. I think playing more different maps and gametypes (and game versions) can help, having different ways to play the game.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Typical team game mentality: blame your teammates for everything bad and take credit for all the good things :D
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)