SaberMod Alpha Test 2on2 with Impact, Twist, Ross, Jamb

Write about anything here.

Moderator: JJ Moderators

Miso

SaberMod Alpha Test 2on2 with Impact, Twist, Ross, Jamb

Post by Miso »

http://youtu.be/J_4lxF47ppc

Was trying to embed the video into here but apparently I'm not smart enough to do such a thing
Jj.miso
Boothand
Administrator

Re: SaberMod Alpha Test 2on2 with Impact, Twist, Ross, Jamb

Post by Boothand »

So what's SaberMod?
Miso

Post by Miso »

It's an early serverside mod being developed by V~tec and Dziablo, made for TFFA's and to overall replace League Mod (thank goodness)

Some of the features:

Enhanced font (looks bolder as you can see in the video; it's all of the font not just spectator)
Damage plums (can see the damage you give to opponent fly on the screen in a disintegration type of way (appearance is being experimented with). Can also be turned on/off
TeamSize (In order to keep people from interrupting games whether 1v1 or a TFFA match)
g_nokick (cvar that can be set up to 3.. 1 - league mod type damage , 2 - kick and no damage , 3 - completely ignores kicks on opponents)
A new Gametype called Red Rover (works in TFFA format but whoever dies joins the other team and try to eliminate them, if the last person can make a frag then the game is saved. Works nicely with large groups. Usually a 2v2 is rather short in this gametype)
Scoreboard shows overall score, your duel / tffa W/L, and net damage

These are the overall things that are implemented and being worked on more. Once these are all set then other things will happen.

(Plus I'm sure if V~tec sees this post then he will probably say his own version of this since I'm probably forgetting something ^^)
Jj.miso
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Nice. Red Rover sounds like a great gametype. I hope a Red Rover event comes up some time.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Miso wrote:(Plus I'm sure if V~tec sees this post then he will probably say his own version of this since I'm probably forgetting something ^^)
I will once we get the alpha version working, hopefuly rc3 today will be ok already.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)