SaberMod is a server and client side mod for JK2 1.04 being faithful to original mechanics of the game while trying to improve and promote its competitive aspect.
After extensive testing (11 release candidates) I decided to release SaberMod 2.0. Thanks to miso and JKII - PUG discord users who were kind and patient enough to play on my development server and report bugs for months.
This time around there are not so many obvious changes, I concentrated mostly on fixing remaining bugs (including the elusive player ghosting bug) and polishing features added in previous releases. As always almost all new votes and client options are available in the ingame menu. It's a better, more complete mod. All users of the 1.0 release must upgrade.
Currently you can try it out on following servers:
- ~Pug // SaberMod: 22.214.171.124:28070 (BEL)
- God ~ Extreme: 126.96.36.199:28070 (GER)
- God ~ Extreme Clan Arena: 188.8.131.52:28071 (GER)
Players should simply download it from a server using either cl_allowdownload or mv_allowdownload. Server owners can find all necessary files and documentation in a zip package here: https://github.com/aufau/SaberMod/releases/tag/2.0
- Unlagged Disruptor hit detection - lag compensation technique that allows playing instagib comfortably even with very high ping.
- New votes: Shuffle (teams) and Poll.
- Voting: callvote cooldown, ability to change vote.
- Callvote menu: Rules section, maps section: select from server maps rather than your own; download icon next to maps you're missing.
- 4 force kick effects to choose from: no effect, basejk, no damage, league mod.
- Crosshair: cg_crosshairColor, new "dot" crosshair (9).
- Ingame "Message of the Day", can be seen from ingame about menu.
- Fixed various issues with servers running for a few days or more.
- "players" game console command prints basic information about players and their fps and packets.
- Set original (97) FOV limit for all players with dmflags 16.
- Polished Clan Arena gametype and other previous features.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements - notably faster map restart.
Clan Arena gametype is fully playable now and we enjoyed it very much in NF setting.
With dmflags 128 and g_kickMethod 3 this version can fully mimic League Mod's mechanics.
All new, configurable server and client options are described in detail here: https://github.com/aufau/SaberMod/blob/2.0/README.rst
Cvar calculator: http://aufau.github.io/SaberMod/cvar-calculator.html
Source code is available on GitHub and covered by GPL2. Remember than you need either author's consent or your mod must be GPL2 too to copy patches from SaberMod. https://github.com/aufau/SaberMod/tree/2.0
Even though I tried to prevent it I still ran into issues where some texts don't show up correctly in the menu/scoreboard when changing server from other mod. In such case try reconnecting or fully restarting the game and connecting directly to SaberMod server.
If you autodownload SaberMod-2.0.pk3 from a server using JK2MV and it has a "dl_" prefix, the clientside won't load when watching a demo. In the main JK2MV menu go to Setup -> Downloads and click Make Pernament on SaberMod/dl_SaberMod-2.0.pk3 entry. Then to watch demos with SaberMod clientside, make sure you change your mod to SaberMod first in Setup -> Mods menu.