SaberMod 1.0

Some servers allow you to use some "code mods" to expand on the server's functionality, as a client or as a host. Expect things like custom saber colors, new console commands, nice admin tools and more.
fau
Staff

SaberMod 1.0

Post by fau »

SaberMod-1.0.jpg
SaberMod-1.0.jpg (224.61 KiB) Viewed 20748 times
Thanks to Miso for hosting servers and supporting the development in every other possible way. Thanks to all players who gave it a try.

1.0 is not a major milestone, it will just make releasing the mod easier for me. Major numbers increment when there are new features, minor indicate bug-fixes.

Players don't need to do anything, client-side plugin should download automagically from any server running SaberMod.
Server owners can get all necessary files and documentation from github: https://github.com/aufau/SaberMod/releases/tag/1.0
Source code can be also obtained there, most of it is covered by GPL2 license. You are welcome to contribute or use it in you own mods (in compliance with the license).

What's New
See (almost) full changelog here: https://github.com/aufau/SaberMod/blob/ ... NGELOG.rst
What follows are changes most important to players:
  • Clan Arena Gametype – hugely popular in deathmatch fps games (and known to JK2 saber-only in the past).
  • Votable game modes configured by server admin – you can see few modes I created on the screenshot above. Adding new ones is as simple as adding a new server config in modes/ directory.
  • Transparent duels – duelling players don't collide with others.
  • Private duels – you can make other players invisible when duelling like on DS-Online mod. Works only on servers using JK2MV 1.2 or later.
  • FPS-independent camera – set cg_camerafps to your normal maxfps and it will smooth-out third person camera when having unstable fps, lags and watching lagged demos.
  • Support for ent's "Jedi Knight Rewards 2.0"
  • Votable Match Mode – in Match Mode damage plums are disabled and spectators are restricted from spamming general chat.
  • Plethora of new client cvars, most configurable and described in Setup->Modoptions menu as can be seen on the screenshot above.
  • Instagib with any weapon(s).
  • Going to spectator in team games doesn't remove a point anymore.
  • (un)lockteam and announce rcon commands.
  • A number of exploits blocked and bugs fixed (most thanks to cooperation with Daggolin on mvsdk).
All new, configurable server and client options are described in detail here: https://github.com/aufau/SaberMod/blob/1.0/README.rst
Additionally I wrote a cvar calculator that should simplify server configuration: http://aufau.github.io/SaberMod/cvar-calculator.html

One important, initial SaberMod goal achieved is that it should be possible to manage games without assistance of server admin. Mode, nk/wk and match mode callvotes empower players to freely choose game rules. Teamsize and "remove" votes (removes to spectator for some time instead of kicking) prevent others from spoiling games.

I think at this point it's a solid mod for all NF modes, CTF, and iCTF. Probably not so much for FF because it didn't get any testing in this direction.

Ideas for next major releases
  • Tournament gametype(s) where players can play in parallel without seeing other pairs. I was thinking of either parallel King of the Hill, or some variant of Swiss tournament where players don't have to participate in every round.
  • Referee system.
  • Script blocking (mainly to make a statement).
  • Health bars, ui improvements for duel and spectating. It would be great to have someone help with design.
  • Mid-air reward for saber-only. Looking for someone who can make an icon for it.
If you have any other ideas, think there is a problem or annoyance, or found a bug, please let me know.
DesertHamster

Re: SaberMod 1.0

Post by DesertHamster »

looks good mate
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)