Mine Monster (fixed for MP)

Models are playable characters made from scratch. Skins are modifications to an existing model's textures and sounds.
Abrum

Mine Monster (fixed for MP)

Post by Abrum »

Greetings,

You asked for it, and now it's here! Remember those cute little buggers from the mines that tried to eat Kyle? Looks like they get a second chance here in JK2 Multiplayer. :)

Note:
This model fixes both "/model mine" and "/model minemonster", but I recommend you use "/model mine" because then people can hear some of the sounds without having the model.

Instructions:
Place the .pk3 in your base folder, then open console while in-game and type this:

Code: Select all

/model mine
Download

Features:

1) When you do "/model mine" you actually see a mine monster instead of Kyle
2) Munch'n'crunch your enemies! (its taunt is the sound of a bite, sadly it doesn't actually bite people)
3) No more errors (for whoever has the model) when someone changes to "mine" or "minemonster"
4) Custom sounds and icons
5) Team support ( for all you 1.02 players who still play CTF :D )
6) People without the model can hear a few of the sounds like when you get hit (if you use "/model mine" instead of "/model minemonster")
7) Singleplayer mine monsters still work with this replacement (but without as much animation). Simply remove my .pk3 mod to restore singleplayer mine monsters to their former glory whenever you're going to play SP (which for most people is rare)
Attachments
MineMonster_MP_v1.pk3
(227.32 KiB) Downloaded 1373 times
Last edited by ouned on 24 May 2017, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: uploaded file directly to the forum
fau
Staff

Re: Mine Monster (fixed for MP)

Post by fau »

Cool, I want to see it rolling :D

The taunt sound is om nom nom though.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Hahah, well done, mister.

As for these monsters, nothing else has given me as much grief as them in the singleplayer campaign on the hardest difficulty. Because you see, when you hold the officer as hostage in Artus Detention, he opens a door which triggers loads and loads of mine monsters to come and munch at him, and bullets are too slow if you wish to kill them before face-palming as he croaks. So, you must use the gift of having to replay the whole mission over and over until you learn to set up detonator packs in the door opening, which my very well lead or aid to his bitter end, but gives you a spark of hope to succeed.

If I see one in MP, I shall have nasty flashbacks.
NubSmoo

Post by NubSmoo »

I have the npc fixed on jka :P but cause most other clients dont got the model they'd crash though xD nice u got playermodel working on jk2
{Nub} Ownz Your Face!
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)