Yavin Trial

Any user-submitted maps as well as popular community made maps can be found here!
Kevin
Administrator

Yavin Trial

Post by Kevin »

yavin_trial.zip
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 1464 times
Title: Yavin Trial

Author: Kameleon

File size: 1.7 MB

Release date: May 19th 2018

Description:
Hello!

I don't often declare certain things to be definitive, but for this particular map I feel like it is the only description that can do it justice. As the individual behind the conversion, am I in any way biased on this matter? Yes, yes I am, but just this once I am too proud of my achievement to give a damn.

This is by far the most detailed, advanced, and largest map conversion I have ever done, taking me around 14 hours to complete. With the map being designed around Kyle regaining his knowledge of the force, the map features an overwhelming amount of small mechanics. Naturally, none of said mechanics worked in multiplayer, and I can easily understand why nobody else has taken the time to do an extensive conversion of the map before. However, while some settle for a map that is simply playable, I wanted to take it a step beyond.

This is to my knowledge the first, and only version of this map, where every single feature has been painstakingly rebuilt for multiplayer, with all of their sublte nuances and sounds. I personally can't think of any way this map could be closer to its original singleplayer state, without the use of advanced map modding serverside modifications, but seeing as I wanted to make it compatible with basejk servers that was obviously not an option for me.

With most of the map relying on you having some sort of force powers to progress, I chose to not include support for holocron and jedimaster for this map, as players would instead just get stuck in small areas until they respawned. Instead I decided to beef up the general support for FFA play on the map, with various items and weapons carefully placed throughout the many halls and corridors.

As with the other conversions, the goal was to make it closer to its SP counterpart, which I'd dare say I succeeded in doing, as well as to make it more viable for multiplayer use, while of course keeping the FPS as optimal as possible.

Some of the features in this serverside Yavin Trial conversion includes:
  • Every feature, sound, and small details of the map has been painstakingly replicated to be as close to the singleplayer counterpart as possible.
  • All 95 glowlights are now properly aligned.
  • Support for FFA, with weapons and items placed around the map.
  • Ysalimari teleport to the courtyard portion of the map.
Installation
To install this, simply make a folder called maps in your server directory, and then unpack the bsp file in there. No need to add it to a downloadable pk3, as it is a serverside map edit. Should you for some reason want to have it installed in the base folder, then it might be required to put it inside a pk3 however, as it may otherwise be loaded before the vanilla Yavin Trial, but I generally advice to keep serverside edits in a folder inside of your server directory if possible, as there's no reason for people to download the map.

Screenshots
shot0227.jpg
shot0230.jpg
shot0228.jpg
shot0229.jpg
shot0231.jpg
shot0234.jpg
shot0235.jpg
shot0236.jpg
shot0239.jpg
shot0237.jpg
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
michl

Re: Yavin Trial

Post by michl »

This one is truely a masterpiece !!! :heart_eyes: Everyone should use this version.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

michl wrote: 19 May 2018, 02:47 This one is truely a masterpiece !!! :heart_eyes: Everyone should use this version.
Thank you! :blush: ;)
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Good work converting all these maps! It needs to be celebrated with Manhunt.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Boothand wrote: 20 May 2018, 15:40 Good work converting all these maps! It needs to be celebrated with Manhunt.
Thank you :)
C4N

Post by C4N »

Nice work.

Just a question, is there any way to leave the saber area once you enter there?
Steam - RSI

You may found me somewhere with this nicknames:
(Cjs|Canseco|Ms)
Khan Katarn
Canseco.
C4N
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

C4N wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 17:18 Nice work.

Just a question, is there any way to leave the saber area once you enter there?
Thank you :D

There's ysalimaries leading back to the spawn area from both the courtyard and challenge at the saber, unless this item is disabled by the server admin :)
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)