Yavin Temple

Any user-submitted maps as well as popular community made maps can be found here!
Kevin
Administrator

Yavin Temple

Post by Kevin »

yavin_temple.zip
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 1292 times
Title: Yavin Temple

Author: Kameleon

File size: 7.2 MB

Release date: March 26th 2018

Description:
Hello!

I had a few hours to spare today, again, so I decided to convert the singleplayer map we all know and love as Yavin Temple. Most other versions of this map, including the one I ran on my server for more than a year, either had areas restricted, an overwhelming amount of models and similar things, or generally didn't offer much else in terms of gameplay, and in some cases even all of the three. It is a map I have always had great fun playing on, so I wanted to give it the same care as I did Valley, and made it more viable for multiplayer usage, and keep the FPS as optimal as possible.

Some of the features in this serverside Yavin Temple conversion includes:
  • Elevator switches now make the sound they do in SP when used.
  • No more locked off areas.
  • Support for the Jedi Master gametype.
  • Support for the Holocron gametype.
  • Support for the Capture the Flag/Ysalimari gametype(s).
  • Support for the use of weapons, carefully placed to suit CTF/CTY.
Installation
To install this, simply make a folder called maps in your server directory, and then unpack the bsp file in there. No need to add it to a downloadable pk3, as it is a serverside map edit. Should you for some reason want to have it installed in the base folder, then it might be required to put it inside a pk3 however, as it may otherwise be loaded before the vanilla Yavin Temple, but I generally advice to keep serverside edits in a folder inside of your server directory if possible, as there's no reason for people to download the map.

Screenshots
shot0159.jpg
shot0156.jpg
shot0157.jpg
shot0153.jpg
shot0160.jpg
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
Kevin
Administrator

Re: Yavin Temple

Post by Kevin »

- Fixed players spawning in FFA spawnpoints during CTF. Pardon me for that silly mistake, but as I had never made a CTF map before, I didn't realize there was a difference between e.g. team_CTF_bluespawn and team_CTF_blueplayer. All spawnpoints now work as intended.
C4N

Post by C4N »

Haha, I was expecting a droid then that cantina theme stats playing, made me chuckle.

Awesome work, thanks for doing a lightweight conversion of this awesome and known map.
Steam - RSI

You may found me somewhere with this nicknames:
(Cjs|Canseco|Ms)
Khan Katarn
Canseco.
C4N
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Just because we don't have droid spawning buttons in mp, it doesn't mean the button should be left out ;)

Thank you :)
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)