Climb it 2

Any user-submitted maps as well as popular community made maps can be found here!
kenny

Climb it 2

Post by kenny »

So this is the second climb which consist of basically three levels. The map is quite tricky and presents more than one path on each level. Do your best and reach the top. I have constructed and tested it for 125 fps and no wall runs etc is needed.

During the first testing of the map a lot of players joined (Damn jk2mv for having auto download =D) and if you were one of them you have to remove the previously downloaded map, cause they have the same name.

I also have a question to you guys regarding what i should do next. Cutie has asked me to make a real circle jump climb which i will begin working with in the near future. I also heard some new and old players being bit disappointed over the difficulty of the latest maps being published, so i was also thinking of maybe making an easier climb which fits all skill levels. Anyone else having wishes for future work?

Finally i want to thank Acrobat for showing me some new lightning shaders, although i am not as good as him at using them (yet) so the lightning is a bit poor, but i hope you will still enjoy reaching the top.

Happy climbing!

/kenny
Attachments
shot0020.jpg
shot0020.jpg (177.81 KiB) Viewed 25943 times
shot0019.jpg
shot0019.jpg (181.78 KiB) Viewed 25943 times
shot0018.jpg
shot0018.jpg (193.7 KiB) Viewed 25943 times
climbit2.pk3
(3.75 MiB) Downloaded 1118 times
Daggolin
Administrator

Re: Climb it 2

Post by Daggolin »

kenny wrote:During the first testing of the map a lot of players joined (Damn jk2mv for having auto download =D) and if you were one of them you have to remove the previously downloaded map, cause they have the same name.
As long as the file downloaded via jk2mv got the prefix "dl_" in the client's basefolder the client is only loading the file on servers referrencing a pk3 with the same checksum, so it shouldn't be an issue. ;)
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

So what about that climbit challenge? Shall I stop it and announce climbit 2? Are ppl playing it? Will you promote it a bit if I do?

Yes, I definitely see a need for a map that is nicer for players: no very hard jumps, no dramatic setbacks on failures. Maybe it will get more ppl into climbing. I often hear complains that it's just too hard to complete a map (not too long, jumps are too hard and constant failures are too frustrating). For racing tiny execution differences will make best times so make sure you don't get mana-blocked.
kenny

Post by kenny »

Well, cutie only one to finish it yet i think, but this is an entirely new map so no need to cancel the previous one maybe? I am trying to promote my map but its mostly within the people i know, or how do u want me to promote it?

I shall make some easier maps then, could be fun if some new players got more interested. This map is quite punishing.
kenny

Post by kenny »

The map will be on .............................KEN (Patch 1.04) if someone wants to have a go at it! No timers or anything, just trying to reach top.

IP: 176.28.14.191:28278
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)