Climb it 1

Any user-submitted maps as well as popular community made maps can be found here!
kenny

Climb it 1

Post by kenny »

So, I was inspired by Acro and made a mountain too. The map is divided into two levels and it ain't that high actually. There is a lot of different paths on both levels (especially level two). Try to find the path best suited for you! This is supposed to be a race map and is prepared for timers (Thank you Daggolin)
This is the first version on the map so if you find any bugs, any too good to be true paths or just have any general feedback please share :) As usual i am quite bad at getting proper lightning, live with it.

I hope you will enjoy the map!

/kenny
Attachments
climbit1.pk3
(6.38 MiB) Downloaded 1031 times
shot0016.jpg
shot0016.jpg (119.33 KiB) Viewed 33611 times
shot0017.jpg
shot0017.jpg (140.1 KiB) Viewed 33611 times
Last edited by kenny on 04 Sep 2016, 17:39, edited 2 times in total.
Faden

Re: Climb it 1

Post by Faden »

Gonna check it out!

The .arena script was messed up so you couldn't launch the map without using the console.

{
map "climb it 1"
longname "climbit1"
type "ffa"
}

where "map" should be climbit1 and "longname" climb it 1

Just reversed that's all :P

--

Getting missing textures here and there, platform + the top floors

http://i65.tinypic.com/xbcxua.jpg

I'd also suggest putting the floors that have no fall damage, losing too much health when falling down
Last edited by Faden on 04 Sep 2016, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Add a trigger_multiple for the "start box" and a trigger_multiple for the "finish box". Give each of them a distinctive targetname (like "start" and "finish"). Server mods can pick those up later and replace them with actual timer triggers (cause basejk doesn't have timers).
kenny

Post by kenny »

Ok thank you, i fixed those issues now. Added the triggers and removed falldmg from most surfaces.

Daggoling and Faden, download the new version now. I couldn't be arsed changing the name of the file with just two downloads, sorry for the inconvenience.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

I wouldn't bother with removing fall dmg, server should do it with dmflags. It can be interesting game mechanics too for live speedruns.
kenny

Post by kenny »

fau wrote:I wouldn't bother with removing fall dmg, server should do it with dmflags. It can be interesting game mechanics too for live speedruns.
If you really want it i could remove it again, but i dunno if there will be any live speedruns :p Did u try it?
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Yeah, looks good. I'd definitely want to use it for a challenge, not sure if the very next one though. It needs some polish, also I wanted to have a different type of map this time.
kenny

Post by kenny »

fau wrote:Yeah, looks good. I'd definitely want to use it for a challenge, not sure if the very next one though. It needs some polish, also I wanted to have a different type of map this time.
Ye i know, been testing it out with miso and cutie some, so i will upload a new version soon. Then some more testing to see if it''s ok.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)