The Temple of Mechanism

Any user-submitted maps as well as popular community made maps can be found here!
lil_binger

The Temple of Mechanism

Post by lil_binger »

Download:
mechtemple.zip
(80.19 MiB) Downloaded 1442 times
(make sure to set com_hunkmegs 128 or higher to play the map and restart JK2.)

Title: The Temple of Mechanism for Jedi Outcast.

Author: lil binger

Release date: December 14, 2015
levelshot_02.jpg
levelshot_02.jpg (480.84 KiB) Viewed 43265 times
Do note: There are 2 maps - mech^1temple.bsp and mech^1golf.bsp they do have one color added to show in the server list in the name for the .bsp file. So make sure u type the map name correctly to load in JK2.

Description:

Backstory: The Temple of Mechanism is an Ancient temple only recently discovered without much known about the previous inhabitants. They did leave a few clues behind and it seems the previous occupants were harnessing an unknown power which they called "The Force". Discovering the possibilities this new power gave them. Set in a time before there were "Jedi" or "Sith".

History: Originally, The Temple of Mechanism was intended to be a follow up map for an old map called "The Outhouse". I begain making the map when I was active in the community back in 2004 or 2005. I didn't play JK2 for a long time until I decided to get GTK radiant working again in 2013. Working on the map off and on since 2013 it's now ready to be released to the public.

Mainly I would like to thank all of those responsible for helping with models and testing.
All the help was greatly appreciated!

Special thanks to: Szico for tree models
Boothand for torch models and Antlers

Beta Testers! I couldn't have made such an awesome map without em!
Someguynamed Dave
Daggolin
Boothand | nD
-|E|- Faden
Milka | nD
NubSmoo
ouned
TriForce
Hexes
Valar.ups
|LoC ~JoZuF.
Unlimited
SandH Thief
Vampire ~ Shax.

Everyone at JKHUB.org (for keeping the community alive)

Everyone at JK2.info (for keeping the community alive)
Ty for anyone testing the beta.

Lucas Arts and Raven and everyone else I didn't mention (that statement covers everybody right?).

- Technical and other information found in the read me.

This map is being released as Open Source -

Anyone may use the map file for any reason as long as,
all the "read me" files are included. If a separate release is made by someone else,
a different name is required for a separate release. Anyone may use, in whole or, in parts or
pieces, any part of they desire for their own project. Do please include all the read me files
with a separate release and use a different name for your release if a large portion of the map
is used. If using pieces or parts, just include the read me file for the map or other models by
other authors and give us some credit :)

There are models in the game built by other authors, Boothand (torch models, mounted moose antlers
and pine trees) and tree models by Szico. There is a read me included for Szico's trees and use of
these models are described in his read me so if the trees are used by anyone for a project make
sure to read and include his read me file with any project they are used for. As for Boothand's
models, I do not have a read me for them. Boothand knew I was going to release the map as open
source and was very supportive of the idea and I am sure anyone using his models he made in this
map would have his approval as long as he is given some credit for making them.

"Porting" the geometry or the map file for another game is encouraged however, I do not control the use
of Lucas Arts files or some other elements made by others provided in this release to be used
in another game besides Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. All custom textures included with the
map are free to use and modify (again make sure to include all the readme's if any textures are
used). Any signs or textures I have made are free to use or modify.

Screenshots:
temple_11.jpg
temple_11.jpg (175.16 KiB) Viewed 43285 times
templegolf_02.jpg
templegolf_02.jpg (223.04 KiB) Viewed 43285 times
templegolf_06.jpg
templegolf_06.jpg (226.43 KiB) Viewed 43285 times
bootroom_01.jpg
bootroom_01.jpg (187.46 KiB) Viewed 43285 times
bar_03.jpg
bar_03.jpg (236.71 KiB) Viewed 43285 times
bar_01.jpg
bar_01.jpg (252.18 KiB) Viewed 43285 times
templegolf_05.jpg
templegolf_05.jpg (215.96 KiB) Viewed 43285 times
training_01.jpg
training_01.jpg (175.77 KiB) Viewed 43285 times
rancor_01.jpg
rancor_01.jpg (141.59 KiB) Viewed 43285 times
Last edited by lil_binger on 15 Dec 2015, 04:35, edited 3 times in total.
Daggolin
Administrator

Re: The Temple of Mechanism

Post by Daggolin »

Really nice map, thanks for making it. :D
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Congratulations on a release, finally :)

I'll add the tiny 'review' from the old beta that was uploaded here:
First of all, let me just say how impressed I am with this map: very. This is beyond doubt a map for exploring, and as it would seem, playing "thermal golf". That's right. He's added a quite thorough golf course in this map, designed for using thermal greandes, so be sure to keep weapons enabled. Did I say that this map is big? This map, is BIG! Humongous. If you need some hours to kill or you want to be inspired for mapping, bring your friends and be sure to catch this masterpiece from lil_binger. Just the fact that he still calls it beta should give an idea about the level of care he's put into this map.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Summary of what I think of this map:
awesome design, extremely creative, love to the detail, huge, still very nice FPS
the minigolf is made with love.

The only thing it misses a bit is custom sounds like birds or something like that.
I have no idea how much of this stuff is possible though. I think more "detail" with sounds could make kind of a difference in JK2 maps.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I guess the entity count was pushed to the limit, to the point where players couldn't connect. So he had to remove some things.
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

And some sounds were removed due to entity limits for JK2. I am working on a conversion for Jedi Academy with many more sounds and fire and stuff. You could probably take the sound effect from JO and double them then you might be close to how many sounds there are in the JA version of the Temple of Mechanism. Plus arcade games sounds work in JA, some doors removed from JO replaced for JA.

Golf turned out very well. I had already started a new hole for a new course and was going to have it be a secret hole 19 but it has too many entities to put in mechtemple. I believe the new golf course might possibly in a death star or something with lots of stuff going on with lights and forcefields and a wider range of hole difficulties.
NubSmoo

Post by NubSmoo »

Gonna play on this map again sometimes haven't ventured all over yet
{Nub} Ownz Your Face!
Acrobat

Post by Acrobat »

Are you done with maps now then?
Valar

Post by Valar »

Acrobat wrote:Are you done with maps now then?
*Yandere Face*
NubSmoo

Post by NubSmoo »

Did you end up making a jedi academy port?
{Nub} Ownz Your Face!
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)