File size: 1.6 MB
Release date: May 16th 2018
While Bespin Platform is a map with not much it, aside from the fact that you face off against Tavion on its platform, it doesn't mean the map shouldn't get the same treatment as the other SP maps. Unlike many other maps, Bespin Platform mainly consists of narrow hallways, with only one wide and open area, the platform, which can be reached by pressing the button in the control room as it did in singleplayer. The limited space on the map made placement of weapons, holocrons, and items generally challenging, but with that in mind I think it turned out great in the end. As per usual, the map comes with support for multiple gametypes, and have had the few sounds and effects it had matched to the SP version.
As with the other conversions, the goal was to make it closer to its SP counterpart, as well as to provide support for more gametypes, while of course keeping the FPS as optimal as possible.
Some of the features in this serverside Bespin Platform conversion includes:
- Door to the platform can be unlocked using the button in the control room, all other previously locked doors has been unlocked.
- Support for the Jedi Master gametype.
- Support for the Holocron gametype.
- Support for the use of weapons, carefully placed to suit the new supported gametypes.
To install this, simply make a folder called maps in your server directory, and then unpack the bsp file in there. No need to add it to a downloadable pk3, as it is a serverside map edit. Should you for some reason want to have it installed in the base folder, then it might be required to put it inside a pk3 however, as it may otherwise be loaded before the vanilla Bespin Platform, but I generally advice to keep serverside edits in a folder inside of your server directory if possible, as there's no reason for people to download the map.
- The button that toggles the door to the platform now changes colour depending on it being open/closed.
- Lift buttons now change colours when used.
- Added a few more items for gameplay purposes.
- Added easter egg / teamwork challenge based on a conversation from today.
- Slight adjustment to the hitbox of the tiltet statue in the closet.
Screenshots THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.