File size: 5.5 MB
Release date: March 28th 2018
I have always loved Yavin Final as a map, in singleplayer that is, as most multiplayer versions of it I have seen had more or less everything that made the map cool removed, be it because they were time-consuming and more tedious to convert properly to MP, or maybe a whole different reason. I wanted to create a version of this map, where most of the things that were functional in singleplayer would also work in multiplayer, rather than just remove them, and spent hours on getting it just right. This took me quite a while, but I am both satisfied and very proud of the result. As with the other conversions, the goal was to make it closer to its SP counterpart, which I'd dare say I succeeded in doing, as well as to provide support for more gametypes, while of course keeping the FPS as optimal as possible.
Some of the features in this serverside Yavin Final conversion includes:
- Most singleplayer features of the map are functional, including pushable objects, the wall of fire, the crushers, as well as the forcebeam you see Desann standing in during the beginning of the final confrontation.
- Access to all areas of the map, including a hidden room.
- Support for the Jedi Master gametype.
- Support for the Holocron gametype.
- Support for the use of weapons, carefully placed to suit the new supported gametypes.
To install this, simply make a folder called maps in your server directory, and then unpack the bsp file in there. No need to add it to a downloadable pk3, as it is a serverside map edit. Should you for some reason want to have it installed in the base folder, then it might be required to put it inside a pk3 however, as it may otherwise be loaded before the vanilla Yavin Final, but I generally advice to keep serverside edits in a folder inside of your server directory if possible, as there's no reason for people to download the map.
Screenshots THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.