Old JK2 Render with 3D sequences

Making Jedi Knight II movies, machinima or frag compilations? Or you know of some good ones that deserve some more daylight? Post them here!
Tom Arrow

Old JK2 Render with 3D sequences

Post by Tom Arrow »

Dug this up while recovering some files. Thought I had lost it forever. Nothing special and quite short, but I love it.

Tried uploading to Youtube, but the audio track was muted, so I just upload the AVI here (zipped because the forum doesn't seem to allow AVIs). Enjoy.

Update: Can't seem to upload anything right now. I'll deliver later. Lol
Attachments
FILE008.zip
(11.06 MiB) Downloaded 1659 times
Tom Arrow

Re: Old JK2 Render with 3D sequences

Post by Tom Arrow »

Updated now.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Huh! That's really cool. Hadn't expected any of those special shots. What software did you use?
Tom Arrow

Post by Tom Arrow »

Thanks! I used Cinema 4D for the shots and I think q3map2 and 3ds max and some other tools to convert the maps and models to a usable format.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Ah okay, was hoping you'd say Blender, cause I've been playing with the idea of animating some JK2 characters these days. Have done it before, but can't find the trace of it on any hard drive.
My favorite was the one that started 0:51
Tom Arrow

Post by Tom Arrow »

I'm pretty sure you can do the same with Blender. Actually, I recently tried to do the map conversion again and couldn't find the old tool, so I used Blender to convert the maps. There is a Blender plugin for ASE import of JK2 q3map2 converted maps on JKHub written by some clever guy.

But I never much liked the Blender controls and wouldn't know how to do it there. I knew a guy who was good at Blender though and he did all kinds of cool stuff including character movement.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I've done it in Blender before, tried animating some custom sword fights :P That's what I wanna do again.
Tom Arrow

Post by Tom Arrow »

This was part of a project where I had fancy ideas about a cool storyline of Jedi storming a huge fortress before confronting the evil guy. I'm pretty sure it would've been doable (as is most stuff, right?) but I never got even 5% there. Would love to see someone do cool stuff with animated models, tho. Would sure be a pleasure to watch.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Ah, was wondering what that fortress thing was out of context. Yeah, easy to miscalculate scope :P
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

nice, thats something really unique
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)