add "download all" to download alert

Report and discuss bugs in JK2MV here or suggest changes.
Tr!Force

add "download all" to download alert

Post by Tr!Force »

My friends told me to request this new feature, like a new button called "download all" in the connect download screen, where "YES, NO, BACK TO MENU" are... there is possible? because, for example, in my server we are sharing some standalone mods like skins, effects, etc... not only map or plugin... so, if a completly new player join the server, will download everything i forced to download like these things. and is a little annyoing press the "YES" button every 1 second.

what do u think?
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
ouned
Administrator

Re: add "download all" to download alert

Post by ouned »

should be possible and pretty easy to implement.
good idea I think
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Then it should list the names of all the pk3's, in case there is maybe 3 pk3's one of which is an unwanted clientside that might conflict with an exisiting one? The case where there would be more than two, maybe max 3 pk3's is really rare too.

I personally don't think this would be a good addition, nor is it really needed.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Depending on the situation it might be really helpful, but I agree with Kameleon that it should list all the files so people know what they're downloading.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

Daggolin wrote:Depending on the situation it might be really helpful, but I agree with Kameleon that it should list all the files so people know what they're downloading.
of course, in the "download all" option... maybe a check list would be better, idk if checkboxes exists in jk2 UI or something like that
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Tr!Force wrote:
Daggolin wrote:Depending on the situation it might be really helpful, but I agree with Kameleon that it should list all the files so people know what they're downloading.
of course, in the "download all" option... maybe a check list would be better, idk if checkboxes exists in jk2 UI or something like that
I was actually wondering the same thing...
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

Daggolin wrote:
Tr!Force wrote:
I was actually wondering the same thing...
nice, but remeber to consider the difference between referenced files, and forced files to download, i think if the server forced some files , like a plugin update or something is becase is needed... referenced files are optional. i mean the whitelist
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Tr!Force wrote:nice, but remeber to consider the difference between referenced files, and forced files to download, i think if the server forced some files , like a plugin update or something is becase is needed... referenced files are optional. i mean the whitelist
Servers should NOT be able to "force" files for download. Even those files the server has in its "reflist" should be declinable.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

there are no "forced" files. if you refer to the force reference list thats not what you may think. It forces the reference, not the download.
So even if the pk3 is trivial and only contains e.g. textures it is suggested for downloading.
Normally, a pk3 only containing textures and in base is not referenced.

the case where this is needed is very rare and should be avoided anyway by using fs_game != base which simply references every pk3 not in base.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

I know, the forcelist isnt really a force thing.. But everytime when u connect the dowbload screen will pop up the file placed in forcelist..

anyways, thats not the pont of this thread. I think just adding the list of files to download and only a button to dowbload them all will be nice
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

yeah thats not as easy though
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)