Loading a custom player skin/model loads Kyle instead

Report and discuss bugs in JK2MV here or suggest changes.
Tsubasa

Loading a custom player skin/model loads Kyle instead

Post by Tsubasa »

Just to be clear, I'm having trouble with just one skin; there are over two-dozen other custom player skins and models in my base folder and they all appear to work fine (I even checked the standard models to be sure).

The skin I'm trying to load is based on the Shadowtrooper, JA version. The first time I tried to load it, I used "/model [skin's name]," but ended up loading Kyle's model AND soundset instead (taunt is "Just taking care of business" instead of the default Reborn laugh). I thought it might've been an issue with MV's support for JA player models so I replaced the model.glm with the original JO version (and modified sounds.cfg appropriately), but the symptom persisted. I then installed and tried the skin in my Steam copy of JO and found that it works perfectly.

I've taken several looks at the content of the pk3 and everything appears in order. The .skin files have the correct paths, no spelling errors to be found, and the icons work in the player menu, but this one skin just doesn't want to work in MV and I don't know what else I can do to try and solve it.
Daggolin
Administrator

Re: Loading a custom player skin/model loads Kyle instead

Post by Daggolin »

Which version of jk2mv? What is the skin's name? Do you have a link to the skin? It is hard to recreate the issue without it. ;)
Tsubasa

Post by Tsubasa »

I'm using the installer package of v1.1.

As for the skin, it seems to have something to do with the fact that it has the word 'Morgan' in its name. The skin's name was "MorganSoH." I tried renaming it to "SoH_Morgan," then (just today) something entirely different and it now works. I'm guessing this might be related to a fix in the MV aimed at Morgan Katarn?

I've been running 1.04 servers and the commands in MV1.1 are currently set to their default values.

Edit: I set mv_fixbrokenmodels to 0 on my server and the skin now works fine under its original name.
Last edited by Tsubasa on 20 Feb 2016, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

could be the issue in case you are on a jk2mv server.
https://github.com/mvdevs/jk2mv/blob/ma ... 1342-L1355

not sure whether we can replace that if statement by

Code: Select all

if (Q_stristr(model, "kyle/fpls") || (!Q_stricmpn(model, "morgan/", 7) && (stricmp(model, "morgan/default_mp") && stricmp(model, "morgan/red") && stricmp(model, "morgan/blue"))))
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Ye. I actually used Q_stricmpn in the mvsdk tests. Haven't made the adjustment for jk2mv, yet. But we should definitely do that.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)