JK2MV Client Auto-Updater

Report and discuss bugs in JK2MV here or suggest changes.
Miso

JK2MV Client Auto-Updater

Post by Miso »

Not sure if this is something that is out of the question undoable or not, got this idea from THUG Pro (a fan-based mod for Tony Hawk's Underground 2 which enables online play, levels from other TH games, and overall brought back the Tony Hawk community). Their mod is a self-updater which does not require manually doing it. I figured this would be handy for people (like me) who are not the best in terms of updating to newest version right away.

I'd like to hear your inputs on this, whether it being it can/cannot be supported, if you think it's a good/bad idea, or if it is something one has previously thought of before.

=]
Jj.miso
Boothand
Administrator

Re: JK2MV Client Auto-Updater

Post by Boothand »

I agree it would be really nice, though it's relatively quick to replace with new files, so if it's a lot of work I would understand.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

This has been done in some mods few years ago using an external auto-updater (sith-buster for jk2, or movie battles for jk3)... anyways, thats an option, but i think could be better to implement an ingame auto-updater :)
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

I considered it but dropped the idea because it's a lot of work.
Also, it would only actually work on Windows and for the installed version only.

If you want really fast and non annoying updating, use the installed version, just a few clicks and you don't have to do it manually.

(moved to jk2mv section)
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)