Jk2mv maps not showing up

General discussion and help regarding JK2MV.
Aundril

Jk2mv maps not showing up

Post by Aundril »

So, I have a lot of downloaded maps which are in my base file, but they don't show up in my maps list in game. For instance, on the Dark server I can vote next on a map, and it will take me to a random map I have, but I can't choose that map out of a list. Is there any way to fix this so I can load my downloaded maps? I also can't load them when creating a custom server. Thanks!

-Aundril
God

Re: Jk2mv maps not showing up

Post by God »

type in the console: "/callvote map <mapname>"
for example: "/callvote map ffa_bespin"
on your custom server, you'll have to do "/map <mapname>"
for example: "/map ffa_bespin"
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Aundril wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 22:47 but I can't choose that map out of a list.
Maybe the server doesn't have the same maps as you do. In that case it wouldn't be able to load them even though you see them on the map list.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Kameleon wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 12:43
Aundril wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 22:47 but I can't choose that map out of a list.
Maybe the server doesn't have the same maps as you do. In that case it wouldn't be able to load them even though you see them on the map list.
this plus the way jk2mv handles downloads. the reason you cant see the downloaded maps when creating a custom server is because jk2mv only loads downloaded files when you join a server which uses them. (pretty complicated behaviour, we have good reasons for that, check out https://jk2mv.org/Q&A) if you are interested.

You can force them to always load using the setup menu (Main Menu -> Setup -> Downloads)
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)