Which version for Dedicated server

General discussion and help regarding JK2MV.
burnyk

Which version for Dedicated server

Post by burnyk »

Hi,

I've been digging up info for renting a server for 1.02

One provider told me that they had the following versions available :

JK2MV custom build
JK2MV v1.1 x64
JK2MV v1.1 x86
JK2MV v1.2 x64
JK2MV v1.2 x86
version 1.02c
version 1.02e

Which one of these do I want for a "vanilla" 1.02 server ? thanks
Kevin
Administrator

Re: Which version for Dedicated server

Post by Kevin »

I'd go for JK2MV 1.2, especially when not knowing what changes he added to his "custom build" :)
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

hmmm, outdated.

You should ask Caelum for a server. He's part of the community what makes things way easier.
https://jka.io/ (only mentions jka but he does jk2, too I think)
Caelum

Post by Caelum »

Hey,

Yeah, while I officially only do JKA right now (where I host about 30 servers), I've been trying to get into JKO, and to get some traction hosting my first couple of JKO servers. If you like, I can get you something set up for you, with a 60 days money back guarantee. Mostly everything mentioned on https://jka.io applies to JKO too, including the pricing (flat €10/month with no slot limitations).

For what it's worth, I use jk2mv v1.2.1 x64, and basically always the latest jk2mv version. I can probably help you make sure it's running 1.02 too.

I'll be away for Christmas, but feel free to get in touch and I'll get back to you when I get home. My Discord is Caelum#8613, my Steam is here, and my Skype is caelumnimmiel. Add any of them if you have questions or want me to set something up. :)
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)