Pc gamepad not moving correctly with jk2

General discussion and help regarding JK2MV.
bwwright1

Pc gamepad not moving correctly with jk2

Post by bwwright1 »

I am using a xbox 360 gamepad with jk2. I have all the other buttons configured, but i am having trouble with the left and right movements. So i am specifically trying to move the right analog joystick to the left with looking and the right also looking. Like a movement with the mouse controller but for a look not a stepping motion. Could someone please help me with the configuration so that i may use my gamepad fully for this Epic game? Thanks. :x
Boothand
Administrator

Re: Pc gamepad not moving correctly with jk2

Post by Boothand »

Last time I tried that, I used Xpadder or antimicro to bind the gamepad to PC controls, so binding the right analog stick to mouse movement for example. What approach are you going for?
bwwright1

Post by bwwright1 »

I would like to go for the binding the right analog stick to mouse movement approach. Can you give me the derailed instructions, so that I can get this to work. Xpadder sounds like it might work.
Valar

Post by Valar »

Offtopic: I dunno why you want to play jk2 on a gamepad, that surely just makes things harder. Personally I use a Thrustmaster T80.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

the gamepad / joystick code of jk2mv is copy-pasted from openjk and untested.
I dont even have a gamepad/joystick myself anymore so..
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I think Xpadder might cost money, or have a trial. Antimicro is opensource, so you could try that first. https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro/releases
I think the interface should be pretty easy to figure out. If you can't find out or nothing on google, I could get my gamepad and see if I can get it to work.

I remember me and Faden had some gamepad force fights. He was pretty good with it, actually! Obviously you can't have the control you'd have with a mouse, though.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)