Help with jomme

General discussion and help regarding JK2MV.
shadow

Help with jomme

Post by shadow »

I made a video running a demo with jk2mv and jomme, so u can see the differences between them. How can I make that jomme looks like jk2mv (or a little more brigther)??
(The rendering made the video darker than how I see it playing normally)

Boothand
Administrator

Re: Help with jomme

Post by Boothand »

Normally ent is the one who can answer these questions, jaMME/joMME has a section at JKhub: https://jkhub.org/forum/75-jedi-academy ... s-edition/

In this case, fau might be able to answer something about this, he talked about r_ignorehwgamma here the other day, but for actually changing the gamma, I don't know, I'm curious too.
r_ignorehwgamma -1 was something that made it at least good enough for a friend, fau's advice.

https://jkhub.org/topic/7446-boothands- ... /?p=106603
ent mentions mme_screenShotGamma and mme_blurGamma as well, but don't know if that would help just for ordinary gamma.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

r_ignorehwgamma
  • 1 - Gamma correction (r_gamma != 1) will be applied to textures before they get blended by the rendering engine, this may result in incorrect colors. Overbright mode requires 2x postprocessing brightness correction so it won't work very well with ignorehwgamma - everything will be very dark. You need vid_restart after changing r_gamma when using this method.
  • -1 - Gamma and overbright brightness correction will be applied as postprocessing filter to you screen and recorded video. If your video driver doesn't support it (no hardware gamma, eg. when running jomme windowed), image on the screen will be dim, but recorded video will be correct anyway.
  • 0 - Uses method -1 if your driver supports gamma correction and 1 otherwise.
So I'd recommend always using -1 when recording. This also lets you record with overbright in windowed mode.

mme_screenShotGamma: Basically 0 forces r_gamma to 1 when recording with overbright 0. Dunno why you'd need it, just set it to 1.

mme_blurGamma 1 means that each blur frame will be gamma corrected separately instead of doing it after blending them together. Is it better? I'm not sure, see for yourself. It will make recorded video brighter, but you could compensate with r_gamma instead and compare results.

Using motion blur will result in slightly offset colors and dimmed image. This is probably due to blending blur frames in gamma space rather than linear. Compensate with r_gamma.

Don't trust running jomme, take a screenshot (or record a short video if using blur) to see how it will look in the end.
Last edited by fau on 07 Apr 2016, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Thx @fau and @Boothand. One other question. U can see that the image on jomme is stretched?? I use r_customheigh 1080, r_customwidth 1920 but it looks like the image is upscaled, and in jk2mv is native. Any idea?
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Looks normal to me. YT quality is a bit low but fixing brightness should improve this. Or do you mean stretched hud? There is mov_ratioFix for this.
shadow

Post by shadow »

fau wrote:Looks normal to me. YT quality is a bit low but fixing brightness should improve this. Or do you mean stretched hud? There is mov_ratioFix for this.
Even though I used r_customheigh 1080, r_customwidth 1920, when I recorded jomme with Mirillis Action, there was black bars at both sides in the video e.e, so I had to adjust the aspect ratio on sony vegas for being 1920x1080. That's why I mean that the image is stretched.
Anyways I will do some tests when I reach home hehe. I recorded some nice demos, but I used jka model, so the skins looks bugged on jomme and now I have to record others :lol:
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

You could change bugged model via jomme although it's a bit complicated. Read clientOverride section in mme/cmds.txt
Black bars... strange. are you using mme_pbo?
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Change the model by clicking F (while holding mouse1) to check the target's clientnumber. For example if it was 4, you'd type in console:
/clientOverride 4 model bespin/cop, and so on.

For the resolution, did you record in-game or using offscreen capture? Windowed or fullscreen?
shadow

Post by shadow »

fau wrote:You could change bugged model via jomme although it's a bit complicated. Read clientOverride section in mme/cmds.txt
Black bars... strange. are you using mme_pbo?
What's mme_pbo?
Boothand wrote:Change the model by clicking F (while holding mouse1) to check the target's clientnumber. For example if it was 4, you'd type in console:
/clientOverride 4 model bespin/cop, and so on.

For the resolution, did you record in-game or using offscreen capture? Windowed or fullscreen?
Thx, I will try that. For recording I use Mirillis action.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I highly recommend using the built-in capturing though, with /capture avi 60 fileName.
That also gives you the options to render with depth of field and motion blur. The files will be big, but flawless in terms of frames. Then you gotta tweak gamma and colors otherwise.
https://jkhub.org/topic/2706-1-how-to-s ... ic-camera/
shadow

Post by shadow »

First try! :oops:
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Nice, keep going. Hearing Tavion like that, I don't know what to think. Fits her beard better now, I suppose!
shadow

Post by shadow »

Boothand wrote:Nice, keep going. Hearing Tavion like that, I don't know what to think. Fits her beard better now, I suppose!
Here's another try mixing camera and timeline... I like this!! :lol: How I didn't learn to use this before xD . I added some weird effects with sony vegas, I dont know what to think... judge urslef guys!

Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)