broken userinfo

General discussion and help regarding JK2MV.
church

broken userinfo

Post by church »

I searched around the forum for this, but I could not find it. I can get on most services, just not the one that I want to get on... (............Ancient < ivi >)

It starts loading as normal, but then, just like if a service is password protected, it won't let me in the game it just says "broken userinfo"

Any ideas?
ouned
Administrator

Re: broken userinfo

Post by ouned »

so thats most likely not a jk2mv issue if it works on all servers except for one...

but anyway... enter in the console:
/clientinfo
and post the result
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

As far as I know there are two "ancient <ivi>" servers.

The second "ancient <ivi>" switches between pretending ot be basejk and some version of NT, but it is neither running basejk, nor NT's mod. That server also blocks all clients that identify themselves as jk2mv clients when you try connect to the server. I don't know why, but I can only assume it is an attempt to make clients use insecure versions of jk2. If you connect to a server with the original jk2mp the server can make you download files against your will and theoretically execute anything on your computer (access your files, delete your files, ...). That's just one of many security issues with the original jk2mp and a server that tries to filter fixed jk2 versions is a server I would rather not connect to.

If you know how to compile the source you could remove the JK2MV cvar from the "userinfo" of your client and the server should not filter you anymore.

The server "REAL VENI VIDI VICI" seems to be showing the same behaviour and it additionally claims to be running the jk2mv serverside version "^0shit be cracking yoooo".

//Edit: The "[DBD] server" is running from the same IP as the second "ancient <ivi>" and it shows the same behaviour.
Valar

Post by Valar »

..this is insane. Why would the serverowner do that.. I certainly won't be playing there. -_-
Fudasys

Post by Fudasys »

i want to add that this ancient ivi server has nothing to do with the real ancient ivi server. since i banned padaget for speedhacking, he is taking his personal revenge against me. this is the main reason why people getting crashed on the real ivi server and the flageating shit.
i think daggolin will provide a new neutral ctf server soon, you rather join his server.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)