As some of you know, I am making a mod which is a pretty big change from regular JK2. With sabers you gotta block manually in the correct direction. You gotta block blaster shots and other projectiles with more effort. Guns are dangerous. Sabers very dangerous. And it's soon ready for more frequent playtesting through connecting and downloading the clientside.
Features in version 2.7a:
- Blocking left, right and up. Diagonal swings get blocked by side blocks.
- Basic unfinished mouse movement blocking support (ala Mount&Blade)
- Canceling swings.
- Yellow style only.
- No twirl animations, and no too fast transition moves.
- Blocking correctly removes the wait time after a block before you can attack again (indicated by /ss_feintTimer (250))
- Location based damage for sabers, and in-progress for guns. Head = 125 dmg, torso/hands = 80 dmg, feet = 50 dmg.
- Reduced speeds for sabers and general movement for balance and fair reaction times.
- Shots must be blocked one at a time. Shots are reflected in the exact direction you look, instead of automatically towards attacker.
- More powerful guns, quicker projectiles but more time between shots.
- Some new animations - 4 blocking animations are changed, 2 are added, one new (but imperfect) vertical slash animation.
- Appropriate blocking anims are triggered if you react correctly early enough, adjusting to which attack the opponent is doing (only visual effect).
- Effects to resemble old trilogy - saberburn, sparks, blaster impacts with more smoke.
- Correct/corresponding clientside version required to enter the game in a SS server.
- Rocket jumping!
- Basic joMME support - thanks, ent!
Planned and possible features:
- New animations for swings that look unclear (currently top needs work, possibly top left and top right too).
- Red style - slightly slower but more range.
- New gametypes, some with sabers, some with guns and sabers.
- No "ammo" for blasters but cooldown system like in Battlefront (possibly).
- 2 vs 1 gametype with support for staff saber through new animations (possibly).
- More accurate player hitbox, possibly more than one.
- No more directional blocking, only right click + aim to block.
- Movement and combat speed set back to base JK2, with some changes in transitions.
- Red style enabled and can chain (max 3 swings).
Any discussions and questions are very welcome in this thread.
Thanks to those who have tested with me so far and helped me on the way (credits are due when I reach the first 'release')!
A cool fight from me and Yolokala's test yesterday, and my first little 'teaser':