[Clientside | BETA] KaMod 1.04 Edition

Discussions about modding, questions, mod requests or just show off what you're working on.
Kevin
Administrator

[Clientside | BETA] KaMod 1.04 Edition

Post by Kevin »

This clientside is deprecated and thus no longer supported. Henceforth we will only support the UnityMod clientside, which serves as an official replacement to the old KaMod.

The latest version of UnityMod can be downloaded here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=811

Hello! :)

The now "old" version of the clientside had a few known issues, which I have spent some time fixing. There's still some things left to finish before the clientside is fully release ready (Mainly some duel invisibility related things), and I am also going to improve on the UI and have it integrated with JK2MV's "Mod options" menu. While there is still some minor things yet to be completed, I feel people have waited long enough for their upgrade since the last release.

Please note that this clientside is for 1.04 :D

Features:
  • Duel invisibility, with the option of being enhanced by servers that supports it, e.g. DS-Online, KaMod, etc.
  • In-game clock.
  • Speedometer.
  • Bacta indicator.
  • RGB saber colours.
  • Custom hilt selector, which works on any server now, like the RGB saber colours.
  • In-game serverlist.
  • Santa hats.
  • Increase FOV up to 160.
  • Increased amount of skins visible in the skin selector.
  • Effects to enhance the serverside "Terminator powers".
  • Command to see a list of clients and their clientnumbers, even on servers without such command.
  • Being able to see the names of the players over their heads if they're in your field of vision.
  • Mini Keyboard Display.
  • Enable/disable duel glow.
  • Enable/disable duel music.
  • New HQ chat icon.
Most features currently work on any server, while others only work on servers that supports them, e.g. KaMod servers. You can read more about that in the documentation. Most features can be enabled/disabled with a simple click in the new UI. :)

Special thanks:
  • Nerevar, for his "bacta on hip", "santa hats", "in-game serverlist", and for his "Draw client names" function, which I used as a base for my own.
  • Fly3r, for his beautiful HQ chat icon, as well as his icons for the Terminator powers.
  • Azymn, for allowing me to use parts of his Force Mod II to enhance the Terminator command.
  • Tchouky, for his custom hilt functionality.
  • Daggolin, for having taught me modding, his RGB saber system, duel invisibility, speedometer, and for the huge amount of help he have provided me with in the past few years.
  • Boothand, for the design he made for the "Optic Radar" / Terminator binoculars.
  • Tr!force, for his "Mini Keyboard Display".
  • Eternal, for his jetpack related code, which I’ve used as base for my own.
Screenshots:
If you find any bugs, please notify me about it, either here on the forum, or by using my email, which can be found in the readme :)

If I make any updates to the clientside I will post a notification on this topic, so that you can all go and grab the latest version ^_^ In the documentation there is also a link to a custom hilt collection ;)

Changelog:
KaMod 1.04 Edition

Author: Kameleon
Email: kf@letustalk.dk

-------------------
Release #1
-------------------
- Server owners can not limit the FOV of the players to 97 using the previously unused dmflags 16.
- Added an improved "Enhanced Duel Invisibility" system, for servers that supports it, making duels far more enjoyable.
- Custom hilts now work on all servers, while still supporting players who still use DS-Online.
- Removed cheat protection on the cg_thirdPersonRange and cg_thirdPersonVertOffset cVars.
- Fixed santa hats and jetpack models showing on the person you are spectating while in first person, while still making them show on players you are not specating.
- Added new Jetpack code and effects, based on Eternal's jetpack.
- As a Terminator you will now have a jetpack on your back.
- Fixed the "Floating Santa Hats" bug.
- Implemented Tr!force's "Mini Keyboard Display".
- Removed some shaders on the Optic Radar, and made it use a new beautiful texture by Boothand!
- Added the kamodinfo client command.
- If the bacta cVar is enabled, then you will now also see a small bacta icon on your HUD. Especially useful if you play as e.g. Reelo, as the bacta model on the hip would be lost in all of his ... Fluffyness.
- Fixed a positioning issue with the santa hat and bacta models.
- Added Fly3r's HQ chat icon.
- Implemented Nerevar's "Bacta on hip", and "Santa hat" feature from HaX.
- Added a UI that allows you to enable/disable/increase/decrease the new mod cVar's, as well as FOV.
- Added a UI for the RGB saber colours.
- Added the custom hilt selector to the Player menu.
- You can now see more skins in the skin selector.
- Added a function based on Nerevar's "Draw client names" method from CamMod. My changes makes it work with the invisible duel system, so that if you are in a private match it will only draw the name of your opponent. It also doesn't trace people who are using mindtrick, or e.g. two other players who are in a duel, due to the way the duel invisibility works.
- Added a version of Nerevar's in-game serverlist, which I altered to fit in 1.04
- Implemented Tchouky's custom hilt system.
- Removed the FOV restriction for third person, which capped it at 97. You can now increase it up to 160.
- Implemented Daggolin's RGB Saber system.
- Implemented Daggolin's "Units per Second" speedometer.
- Implemented Daggolin's duel invisibility system, with a small addition of my own.
- Made it possible to disable the duel background music. Especially helpful to avoid the music from looping on each respawn if you are using the private FFA mode.
- Made it possible to disable duel glow.
- Implemented Daggolin's client list command.
- Added an in-game clock.
- Added effects, icons, and shaders for the terminator powers, which are mostly based on Azymn's Force Mod II code, though the new icons were made by Fly3r.
Download:
KaMod Clientside BETA.zip
(3.76 MiB) Downloaded 1981 times
Last edited by Kevin on 20 Mar 2019, 11:50, edited 3 times in total.
Tr!Force

Re: [Clientside | BETA] KaMod 1.04 Edition

Post by Tr!Force »

Is nice to see my mini-keyboard here ^^ this clientside works on all servers? Or only KaMod servers? :o
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Tr!Force wrote:Is nice to see my mini-keyboard here ^^ this clientside works on all servers? Or only KaMod servers? :o
Most features work on all servers :D Duel invisibility only really work on servers that use mods to support that feature obviously, e.g. TwiMod, DS-Online, KaMod, etc, and the same goes for the custom hilts :) The mini keyboard only works on KaMod (And JK+, obviously) servers :) Other than that all features works on any server :D

Then there's of course also the mentioned "Terminator powers", which only work on my server, but only if you have Terminator, which is why I didn't post any screenshots to confuse people, as most of them will probably not be using that themselves all too often, at least until the serverside is ready :P

Read the documentation for more information about the different features, which also states which works on all servers, and which only works if they have some sort of serverside support :)
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

That's a nice feature list and I'd love to try some of them.
One question, to you and Tr!force: do you have a more or less precise goal with your mods? Is it creating fun environment for players, implementing every funny and impressive gimmick there is (in a positive meaning)? Coding playground?

What I have in mind is that if you share similar goal then you could perhaps join your forces on this. If it's mostly coding for fun, or a single-server mod then collaboration is not worth the effort I guess.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

fau wrote:That's a nice feature list and I'd love to try some of them.
One question, to you and Tr!force: do you have a more or less precise goal with your mods? Is it creating fun environment for players, implementing every funny and impressive gimmick there is (in a positive meaning)? Coding playground?

What I have in mind is that if you share similar goal then you could perhaps join your forces on this. If it's mostly coding for fun, or a single-server mod then collaboration is not worth the effort I guess.
Modding for me is personally just a wonderful learning experience, though I do use it to create some new things, which I think players will like, such as a few new gamemodes, private 1v1 ffa mode, among many other things :D

Both Tr!force and I have worked too long on each of our mods, that neither of us would like to throw one of the mods into the trash to work on the other :P Same goes for the "SkyMod" project, which is a project with multiple modders; I'm going to contribute to that mod too, but I won't trash my own after the amount of hours I've spend on developing it :D Neither Tr!force or myself have anything against contributing to each others mods though, e.g. him sending me the mini keyboard, and me sending him a fix for some issues he had with positioning models mounted on players :)

So I mostly mod for the learning experience, but the fact that someone can enjoy the result of the work I put into it is a great bonus ^_^
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

Kameleon wrote:
fau wrote:That's a nice feature list and I'd love to try some of them.

Modding for me is personally just a wonderful learning experience, though I do use it to create some new things, which I think players will like, such as a few new gamemodes, private 1v1 ffa mode, among many other things :D

Both Tr!force and I have worked too long on each of our mods, that neither of us would like to throw one of the mods into the trash to work on the other :P Same goes for the "SkyMod" project, which is a project with multiple modders; I'm going to contribute to that mod too, but I won't trash my own after the amount of hours I've spend on developing it :D Neither Tr!force or myself have anything against contributing to each others mods though, e.g. him sending me the mini keyboard, and me sending him a fix for some issues he had with positioning models mounted on players :)

So I mostly mod for the learning experience, but the fact that someone can enjoy the result of the work I put into it is a great bonus ^_^
I will not participate in the "skymod" project because I disagree with many things (lots of concepts, goals and other personal things). We talked about this with kameleon few weeks ago, but now i changed my point of view of that project, so i will not join.

anyways, i like the @fau idea to joining forces and creating something new, im open to create something completely new with whoever :D
Hexes

Post by Hexes »

Wow, sounds really nice!

I am thinking about one feature, maybe it's possible to include it on this mod.

For me personally it's really annoying then in server is over 20 players, but then you press tab you only see maximum 20 players.

Maybe its possible to make fonts a bit smaller or something and to include up to 32 players?

Good luck! :)
Last edited by Hexes on 06 Jan 2016, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Hexes wrote:Wow, sounds really nice!

I am thinking about one feature, maybe it's possible to include it on this mod.

For me personally it's really annoying then in server is over 20 players, but then you press tab and see player you maximum can see 20.

Maybe its possible to make fonts a bit smaller or something and to include up to 32 players?

Good luck! :)
If I can figure out how, then that is surely something I'd add :D Great suggestion ^_^
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

It would require serverside modification, if you wanted actual scores (unless you can hack your way around, you never know). Also check out scoresUp and scoresDown commands. Was wondering what they do but I'm too busy with other things atm.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

fau wrote:It would require serverside modification, if you wanted actual scores (unless you can hack your way around, you never know). Also check out scoresUp and scoresDown commands. Was wondering what they do but I'm too busy with other things atm.
u dont need a serverside modification, actually clientside can get all 32 players info. u just need adjust the draw of scoreboard :D
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

nice clientside
especially because everything is documented as it should be.

but the mini keyboard doesn't work for me
it only updates on pressing space for me.

nice hat :lol:
shot0001.jpg
shot0001.jpg (66.55 KiB) Viewed 124410 times
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

ouned wrote:nice clientside

nice hat :lol:
shot0001.jpg
@Kameleon, u forgot to say the minikeyboard doesnt work with clientside only. I told u need serverside too, because is how u get the spectatated client key movements too :/ these flags are sent from serveside and catched by clientside

PS: in the past i did a clientside only version too ... But with that version, u just can see your movement only. Not movement from other users... I see no sense to get only my movements , is why i made it with serverside too

PS2: maaaaybe i can made a clientside version only which detect others players movements im spectator mode, i will take a look for that :) (i did this a lot of years ago)
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

ouned wrote:nice clientside

Thank you :) Glad someone finally read the documentation xD Many people seem to forget / not care about it xD And yeah, the hats sadly doesn't fit every single model/skin out there xD

- The mini keyboard is one of the few features that require serverside support, and is currently only supported by KaMod servers (And JK+ servers), so if you go to my server and test it out, then it should work just fine :) As Tr!force mention, it is so you can also see the movements of someone you spectate, so that you can use it to teach people how to strafe, dfa, etc. :D
Tr!Force wrote: @Kameleon, u forgot to say the minikeyboard doesnt work with clientside only.
No, I am quite sure I mentioned in the documentation that it would only work on servers that support the feature :D
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

then, why is it displayed when not spectating someone? :p
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

ouned wrote:then, why is it displayed when not spectating someone? :p
well well... is a feature, but the main goal is to teach others players how to play or something :lol:

Kameleon wrote:No, I am quite sure I mentioned in the documentation that it would only work on servers that support the feature :D
You caught me! im really sorry :oops: hehe
Last edited by Tr!Force on 06 Jan 2016, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Otherwise some players might enable/disable the cVar, while not spectating someone, and think "Hmm, what the fuck? This keyboard thingy doesn't work! It does nothing?" :lol: Plus, while it might not be helpful to see the controls of yourself for us, there might still be someone who would want that xD
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

Kameleon wrote:
Otherwise some players might enable/disable the cVar, while not spectating someone, and think "Hmm, what the fuck? This keyboard thingy doesn't work! It does nothing?" :lol: Plus, while it might not be helpful to see the controls of yourself for us, there might still be someone who would want that xD
+1
so i can record me in a video tutorial to teach movements, i can be alone in the server to do that :D
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

you should be able to get the keys for yourself in any case. the cgame handles stuff like +moveup etc.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

ouned wrote:you should be able to get the keys for yourself in any case. the cgame handles stuff like +moveup etc.
i know, but i changed it because i never intended to be used separately from the server, or like a clientside standalone... :lol:
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

ouned wrote:you should be able to get the keys for yourself in any case. the cgame handles stuff like +moveup etc.
Hmm, true. Might look into that :)
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

Kameleon wrote:
Hmm, true. Might look into that :)
u dont need do that, i did that in a previous version... i can tell u via skype how to do :D

but if u change, u will not get the others "spectated" players keys pressed. is why i mixed with serverside to get "yourself" keyboard and "spectated" keyboard. maybe u can create a cg_keyboard "2" (or get work only if is not in spectator) to get work the "yourself keyboard" in any server. i will take a look to mix my two versions in one. ;)
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

Great work man. Looks awesome. I like being able to select the sabers and rgb saber colors. Very nice.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

lil_binger wrote:Great work man. Looks awesome. I like being able to select the sabers and rgb saber colors. Very nice.
Thank you :D
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Uploaded an improved (beta) version of the ancient clientside I had uploaded here :D Remember to read the documentation ;)
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Uploaded a new version with an option for servers to limit the FOV to 97 if they choose to do so.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)