-- Streaming Gtk --

Discussions about modding, questions, mod requests or just show off what you're working on.
lil_binger

Re: -- Streaming Gtk --

Post by lil_binger »

Back to streaming Information.

I've done 2 video edits to clean up the last 2 edits of the ctf map I am making. I will clean up the other parts that were streamed and organize them a little better so the down time will be cut out, then a more accurate representation in the time spent actually mapping can be better determined. I have worked on it some a little off line but not much. I basically added most of the lights in the corridors offline.

I am liking the editing on youtube fairly well. I can make a new video from the streaming stuff which is saved on youtube, I can of course edit better at home but the youtube editing saves a great deal of time I don't need to spend editing video. So I can go through the video and find something I made to make a tutorial about. I might be able to overlay some audio recorded to it? Or maybe I can just put the video on my computer and add audio that way. I can find a way and have lots of experience.

I may stream getting the golf map ready for a test for a little bit.
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

I'm done streaming for the day. I had a watcher for a little while :)

I made a lot of design progress today. I didn't progress the map a whole lot but I got some stuff figured out for the death star type hangar I like and I've got it set up to make and connect holes 1 and 2 and I have some ideas for them I will finish up offline I think. I hope to be compiling in a few hours.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

lil_binger wrote:I'm done streaming for the day. I had a watcher for a little while :)

I made a lot of design progress today. I didn't progress the map a whole lot but I got some stuff figured out for the death star type hangar I like and I've got it set up to make and connect holes 1 and 2 and I have some ideas for them I will finish up offline I think. I hope to be compiling in a few hours.
that watcher was me (at my office lol)

just nice to see how u do the details, is exactly how i like to work :P i do not care how long it takes if it is perfect

good job
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

ty TriForce. I decided to stream some of the golf map. Using GTK Screenshots for thumbnails for the map I am working on I think is working out good. I'd like to do a little more with the channel when I get time..

I don't care if anyone watches but it's great when someone does. It was a fairly long section. My toe is busted up pretty good. I may have some unfortunate good fortune to work on maps a bit in the coming days. I'm still at it offline. I'm working on a semi complicated hole #2 then I'll make hole #1 and connect it to the middle. Once that is done I will complile and take a look at it. If everything is okay and lighting is good etc, I will prepare the next map for testing. It's a toss up of a couple different ones. The golf map needed the most work. I wanted to get one side ready and it needed some design changes which take a bit longer to complete, adjusting stuff already made to accommodate other stuff (to be technical lol).

more to come.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Coolcool. How long until any maps are test ready, you think?
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

I've been golfin. 9 holes roughly made. I have a little detail work to do and one connection to make. Hole 1 and 9 have slidy tunnel systems to get to the holes, (an idea I had previously used for the map before golf was introduced then I decided to keep the idea but change it). So a little detail work and 2 slidy tunnels and it will be ready to compile. yavin ruins won't take but a few minutes to double check. mechtemple I haven't worked on a lot but doesn't need much, since there is now a red base I need to move the flag and add some light in a couple spots. The most work needed was golf and I got a whole lotta that done yesterday. A couple hours and I may run the next compile for it. As long as lighting is okay it will be close to test at that point. It's not going to be perfect but it will be a good start.

I've got some other stuff brewing....wheels starting to turn....

I'll have something soon. As early as tonight or as late as the 27th. I'll be mostly immobile with my toe today so I'll be getting some work done shortly. I might start streaming after a little while.
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

one question.......

The map I started making while streaming, I had a thought about turning it into a Forest House ctf map maybe?

One base I could make an updated graveyard and the other base could be...........ummmm?
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

lil_binger wrote:one question.......

The map I started making while streaming, I had a thought about turning it into a Forest House ctf map maybe?

One base I could make an updated graveyard and the other base could be...........ummmm?
just the graveyard and the forest is nice, i remember a ctf map i really liked but require so much fps, its called CTF_Kothils or Kothlis Colossus, u should take ideas from that map too ;)
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

The rear of the forest house might be cool. It was dark in the forest house back yard. I could brighten it but block it off so you can't go around but make it look like the same map and I can use a fog so I wouldn't have to have much beyond that point, like where the rocket launcher is on the side, that is about as far back as you could see but I could copy the main gate to use as barriers so you couldn't get that far anyway. This should be good to keep fps high and make it still seem like you are in the same map or location. And of course make it more ctf friendly.

I could work on that next, first thing i need to do is get to work and stop posting :P

I'm about ready to stream connecting hole 1 to the main bespin area using the link in the first post of the thread.
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

*streaming* currently 3:21 PM EST / 9:21 PM CST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU7S_iJy5GI

Connecting the main area to golf. It's taking a little longer than anticipated. One reason is, I am working in an idea I've had for a while into the design. I'm taking a short break right now. I've got it just about ready to work in the idea I've had. I will resume in just a few min.

I don't have a mic but if you log in to youtube, the live feed has a chat option.
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

done streaming. had an unknown show up and watch and comment. I really do need a mic.

I tried to stream in game stuff but my laptop is not good enough to stream in windowed mode. I will work on other ways to stream in game stuff.

I've gotten the map to where I could compile. I looked around and adjusted some push targets. I will be checking it out in just a min with progress updated on the map pack thread. I made a jump gap with tunnels. At first the jumps were straight, after an edit they now cross.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

I just watched every now and then and saw Kameleon write a comment. ^^
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

The comment I saw was I need a mic to make what I am doing more interesting and I totally agree. I'm really interested in making some tutorials and I totally need a mic for that.

I also need a new computer :P I would like to do a picture in picture while I edit but I don't think my computer could handle a web cam and streaming.

More to come soon. I've almost got the golf map ready to test. And I will work on something else to get it ready to test for the map pack.
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

Tr!Force wrote:i remember a ctf map i really liked but require so much fps, its called CTF_Kothils or Kothlis Colossus, u should take ideas from that map too ;)

I'm not finding that one. Is the name different maybe?
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

lil_binger wrote:
Tr!Force wrote:i remember a ctf map i really liked but require so much fps, its called CTF_Kothils or Kothlis Colossus, u should take ideas from that map too ;)

I'm not finding that one. Is the name different maybe?
Attachments
CTF_Kothlis.zip
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 1149 times
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

When I load the map it get's to awaiting screenshot and JK2 freezes. i might have a conflict somewhere
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

I'm going to stream a little bit.

Starting @ 2PM EST / 8pm CET 1/2/2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU7S_iJy5GI

I'm working on something new and I am working on getting something to test soon which might happen during this streaming session. I've got a little bit left to do to get it ready to test. I can't compile and stream however. I will have to record offline the in game stuff and upload later then add to the video. It's possible I might start on something else new as well, we'll see.....
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

Stream is over atm. I may pick it up later. I'm not sure currently.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)