Kylo Ren Skin

Discussions about modding, questions, mod requests or just show off what you're working on.
Hawk

Kylo Ren Skin

Post by Hawk »

Hello guys,

i just saw the movie and it was awesome in my opinion. But thats another Story^^

So i found some Mods for the saber and himself for Jedi Academy, are there any for Outcast?

Greetz
Weaklings cannot choose their way of death.
Tr!Force

Re: Kylo Ren Skin

Post by Tr!Force »

Jedi academy player models now works on jk2 too since jk2mv v1.1 :D

try it
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Tr!Force wrote:Jedi academy player models now works on jk2 too since jk2mv v1.1 :D

try it
Oh didnt know this :D Downloading it right now
Milka

Post by Milka »

Nice skin! :D

How to use Kylo Ren's crossguard saber in JK2?

Any suggestions?
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Hmm. JK2 must support several 'saber openings' (yeah, sounds silly) since it has the "thedestroyer" double-ended saber. If it doesn't work it's probably a matter of editing the saber model, renaming tags and other formal details. Maybe I can figure it out by looking at the base hilt.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

@Boothand

Would be nice if you could look at it. I'll just leave the Sabermods i tried to install :D

http://jkhub.org/files/file/2214-kylo-r ... taber-adx/
http://jkhub.org/files/file/2218-kylo-r ... episode-7/
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I'm on a bus currently, and it doesn't seem to let me download from JKhub. Will compare this with the JK2 base sabers when I get home, but I looked at them and they only seem to consist of a single mesh and no tags. It's possible that the saber blade is positioned through the code only, and just offset from the center.
@Triforce, any clue?
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

Boothand wrote:I'm on a bus currently, and it doesn't seem to let me download from JKhub. Will compare this with the JK2 base sabers when I get home, but I looked at them and they only seem to consist of a single mesh and no tags. It's possible that the saber blade is positioned through the code only, and just offset from the center.
@Triforce, any clue?
Everything is possible on jk2, ive developed a custom lightsaber support on my old mod, so i will take a look on this, stay tuned :p
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

As far as I remember the blade is positioned relative to the center and the actual model doesn't have much influence, I am not sure though (I used playermodels instead of hilts sometime and I think the blade was gone at that point, so it could in fact be a specific bolt it uses for the blade).

However I am almost sure that you need a custom cgame mod to add more blades (like those small ones the new sith has).
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

True, before I knew anything about.. anything, I made a fish lightsaber. A fish, made in Milkshape, instead of the saber. It did not have a blade. But I did dissect some of the base hilts and there were no tris other than the ones forming the geometry of the blade, unless it was lost during import.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

i sucessfully loaded the lightsaber model into my server, but the light blade dissapeared and the skin texture is missing.

with a few work on the lightsaber model this can be fixed to run properly on jk2 mods which has "custom lightsaber" support :)
Daggolin wrote: However I am almost sure that you need a custom cgame mod to add more blades (like those small ones the new sith has).
Needs serverside part too, because is a client information like the model skin, name, etc... need to be shared between both (serverside/clientside)
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)