WIP : The Temple of Mechanism

Discussions about modding, questions, mod requests or just show off what you're working on.
lil_binger

Re: WIP : The Temple of Mechanism

Post by lil_binger »

Here's something compiled to test. You can ctf with both flags but no red base. I may run a server for a few min for a friend to stop by. Feel free to take a look at your own leisure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0wzU ... sp=sharing
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

As maniac and I don't use our map testserver at the moment I could give you access to upload maps there if you want to. Would be located in Germany, though.

Oh, by the way the CTF players have been playing a couple of different CTF maps last night. I haven't seen that in quite a while, so I guess that's a good sign. ;)
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

DO you remember the names dagg? I've been told ctf_ruins and ctf_tribute were good custom ctf maps. I had a look at them myself. My bud (he may even be the one who got them to play a couple custome maps) checked out the map with me and he liked it but did mention people wanted a different jumping experience than the one I am working on or he suggested to add somethings to it like that. I am not so sure the ctf map I am working on would be the map to take quite the way he is talking about. Basically I was going for a ctf_yavin feel with more angles and such with ctf_mechtemple. There is still room to adjust but I don't think it would turn out like he was talking about. Ctf_mechforest or something I could have a few more liberties in making rather than using a temple. ctf _mechtemple I won't scratch out but I've thought a little more on just copying the blue base to make a red one to get it finished faster then move on to a different version.

We shall see.

And Dagg I appreciate the offer. I can get most of the stuff done here. I can do a server side test too with not having the map in the mv folder but have it in the outcast folder and I have tried it and it works to test server side stuff. You guys could change the name of the mech server 20:00 though :P I think the name has stayed the same since our last event.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Yeah, I think you should keep going with the mechtemple ctf. I'm curious how it will turn out.
One detail I could think of, I think it could benefit from being brighter/more daylight than mechtemple, for CTF.

Changed the servername, was about time :D
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

I guess u haven't downloaded the link then, It's more or less dusk or dawn with that link with a redish orange to the sky light. ctf_mechtemple_b1 and an early ctf_yavin_forest are in the pk3. There's not been a lot done to yavin in that map besides a bigger skybokx and trees. I mainly wanted to see what the trees looked like and if there were bugs and there were a couple brush bugs to change a structural brush into a detail brush.

A couple other things, I may / could make 2 ctf maps. One using the style of yavin and the other from using pieces from the golf course and adding an official red base etc. If I was to do that, I've been holding off on releasing mech temple thinking I could add a ctf course to it, maybe I should just release the map and the ctf pack be an add on to download later. Plus, the VII release date is soon and I'd like to have at least one map finished.

edit: the red base won't likely be copied. I'll have to take a bit more time getting stuff situated like creating a unique red base. I've haven't given it a whole lot of thought just yet. I could expand the training area maybe from mech temple for the red base? That might be kinda cool now that I think about it. Those rotating doors would be neat somewhere. I am not sure they would be the best for ctf however but it would be interesting to see.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

There are no rotating doors in jk2. :/

Regarding the server's name I am not even sure what the current rconpassword is. I haven't done anything with that server since you and Boothand changed the name. :lol:
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Yeah, I should have tried the map :P and now I did. I made a little video to give some thoughts. I really like it so far! Super excited about it.

I noticed in the ctf_yavin_forest, in the red base (which looked quite cool), you had clipped the things you can walk/jump on, that go around the whole base. This can't be clipped, since it gets used constantly.

I'll link some videos from CTF streams I've done, I think skipping around in them a bit will give you some ideas how people play and maybe ideas for your map.

Daggolin wrote:There are no rotating doors in jk2. :/
He means the rotating mall-like doors in mechtemple.
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

Great videos Boot.

Regarding the mechtemple ctf.

I believe the hole in the floor for the blue base will be a hole to fall into. It can be jumped in nf-ctf match.

I plan on adding more angles like the ones at the door but the ones at the door were removed however I could bring back 2 of em.

I have started on a red base now. I've taken the training area from mechtemple and made a few changes. It will have the middle lava falls from that area in mechtemple surrounded by lava below with stuff to jump on in the lava for the red base.

So it's coming along. Your videos will definitly help. I'm not the best jumper so it's hard for me to jump around like a pro :P ty
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

Red Base now connected and compiled to have a look.

So, it looks like there is now a red and blue base connected at the middle with an outdoor area with a river. They are not identical. I've got a little work to get stuff connected but I am thinking by this weekend, I might have something available to test a ctf match or few. I won't be announcing an official event but, I'll see what I can do to have it run on a server this weekend and see what happens. If there is a time u guys would like to meet up this weekend for some ctf I'll try to make it.

More info soon.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Sounds great! I'll be free all this weekend.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

I am busy the whole weekend, but you can use the map testserver if you want, just like the last times. ;)
Looks interesting so far.
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

I am not entirely sure there might be a testable ctf version this weekend. If there is it may not happen until Sunday but I'll keep ya posted.
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

I've actually been putting a little time into the bespin WIP I have had in my pocket for a while in the last couple of days. It hasn't been leak tested and compiled before yesterday in months.

It looks pretty good but I'm in the process of optimizing a few things. Plus the only part left from the original I was working on is the middle area. I liked it but I didn't and after the epic Temple of Mechanism, I decided to tone it down a bit. It may end up being 3 areas in total. The middle and 2 sides. I haven't worked on anything but the middle lately. It's possible I may work it as a ctf / ffa map. I will post more later.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Sounds interesting. :D
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

After some consideration, I've decided to release the Temple of Mechanism for Jedi Outcast here on JK2.info in the downloads section.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=332

I am of course working on a ctf version but I have been building it separate with it's own shader and texture folder so I won't need to do much to release a ctf Temple of Mechanism themed map in the future among other projects I am working on. I may also try to get another WIP thread started for a Bespin themed ctf (hopefully) map also being worked on lately.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

lil_binger wrote:After some consideration, I've decided to release the Temple of Mechanism for Jedi Outcast here on JK2.info in the downloads section.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=332

I am of course working on a ctf version but I have been building it separate with it's own shader and texture folder so I won't need to do much to release a ctf Temple of Mechanism themed map in the future among other projects I am working on. I may also try to get another WIP thread started for a Bespin themed ctf (hopefully) map also being worked on lately.
nice release 10/10
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

Thanks guys. Here's a little preview for ya! I will work on getting it to the test server in a min.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0wzU ... sp=sharing
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)