fov

Discussions about modding, questions, mod requests or just show off what you're working on.
Chazzberry

fov

Post by Chazzberry »

does anyone know how to change fov ingame? i cant go past 90 and its really bugging me
Boothand
Administrator

Re: fov

Post by Boothand »

You could use a clientside mod that allowed you to do that. The ones I know of are KaMod (by Kameleon) and VvV-mod (by Giz/Padaget).
Unfortunately VvV-mod isn't available on the internet, after a lot of people hated on his mod for some reason. Guess we'll have to see where that situation goes.
I don't believe Giz would have anything against people using his mod though. It's really great.
Valar

Post by Valar »

Jk2MV will let you set cg_fov to a higher value than 90. Alternatively, this might work.

But seriously just use JK2MV. edit: Oops no JK2MV doesn't!
Last edited by Valar on 26 Aug 2015, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Valar wrote:Jk2MV will let you set cg_fov to a higher value than 90. Alternatively, this might work.

But seriously just use JK2MV.
Only using JK2mv doesn't do it for me, I don't think such is handled by JK2mv.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Valar wrote:Jk2MV will let you set cg_fov to a higher value than 90.
sadly, not. :(
jk2mv has only access to the engine code. but cg_fov is in the cgame code which we cant modify.
That will come with the 1.1 or 1.2 release. Daggolin is working on it.

Meanwhile you can use vvv clientside or some other mod together with jk2mv.
Valar

Post by Valar »

You guys are right, I forgot I'm using the cclient.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Valar wrote:You guys are right, I forgot I'm using the cclient.
Maybe some other features form the cclient might end up in the jk2mv cgame once it is completly ready. Sadly I don't have much time these days. Exams in the next few weeks are probably going to take most of my time, but I hope I can "finish" the initial version of the jk2mv cgame afterwards.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

ouned wrote:
Valar wrote:Jk2MV will let you set cg_fov to a higher value than 90.
sadly, not. :(
jk2mv has only access to the engine code. but cg_fov is in the cgame code which we cant modify.
That will come with the 1.1 or 1.2 release. Daggolin is working on it.

Meanwhile you can use vvv clientside or some other mod together with jk2mv.
if i understand, you will modify non-engine codes (like cgame) in the next releases? O.o
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Tr!Force wrote:if i understand, you will modify non-engine codes (like cgame) in the next releases? O.o
yes. Daggolin is creating universal vm's which work across all game versions (already working pretty fine). This is a requirement for us before we go into modifying game and cgame code.

btw. this doesn't mean mods are going to be unsupported or something. they are just used instead of the basejk ones in case there is no mod.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

ouned wrote:
Tr!Force wrote:if i understand, you will modify non-engine codes (like cgame) in the next releases? O.o
yes. Daggolin is creating universal vm's which work across all game versions (already working pretty fine). This is a requirement for us before we go into modifying game and cgame code.

btw. this doesn't mean mods are going to be unsupported or something. they are just used instead of the basejk ones in case there is no mod.
jk2mv wasnt only a engine-mod? i know what daggo is doing because i did the same... but think isnt a good idea for an "engine-mod" like jk2mv because u will touch the main functionallity of every version... what u will do? fix things? or allow/unlock unsupported things? there are so much players who liked jk2mv because doesnt touch the main functionallity (bugs, tricks, etc...).

i think a game/cgame modification will destroy the main idea... that is my point of view :?
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

They are just going to make a clientside with Multi Version support, as well as a few features, such as for increase, which is going to act as a new Basejk (Or rather basejkmv), just like the current Basejk qvm's work now :)

If you make a clientside yours will overwrite their base qvm, so it isn't an issue in my opinion :)
Chazzberry

Post by Chazzberry »

thx guys but vvv mod works
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Tr!Force wrote:jk2mv wasnt only a engine-mod?
it still will be pretty much. we will not implement admin mod features, or something "big" like that.
Tr!Force wrote:what u will do? fix things? or allow/unlock unsupported things?
mostly fixes and small improvements like increasing the range of cg_fov.

the real idea behind it is creating a new sdk "mvsdk" which supports all gameversions and has everything fixed.
the possibility of providing fixed basejk qvms together with jk2mv is a side effect.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Tr!Force wrote:but think isnt a good idea for an "engine-mod" like jk2mv because u will touch the main functionallity of every version...
By fixing bugs in the engine, adding HTTP downloads, etc. jk2mv already touches the main functionallity of every version. Adding fixes etc. to cgame, game and ui is not going to be that much of a different. It's not like we're going to change the gameplay or fix bugs that are important for the gameplay.
Tr!Force wrote:what u will do? fix things? or allow/unlock unsupported things? there are so much players who liked jk2mv because doesnt touch the main functionallity (bugs, tricks, etc...).
We are going to increase the fov limit, add an aspect ratio fix for the HUD, etc. As well as fixing memory bugs and such in the game/cgame/ui modules. Maybe more.
Tr!Force wrote:i think a game/cgame modification will destroy the main idea... that is my point of view :?
I don't see how it is going to destroy the main idea of jk2mv. The main idea of jk2mv is to "unite all versions" and to provide fixes and improvements. And the multiversion-qvms are going to bring us one step closer to reaching this goal.

At the moment jk2mv tries to load the correct qvms for 1.02/1.03/1.04 from either the original assets or custom files with the prefixes "dl_", "o102_", "o103_" or "o104_". If a 1.04 qvm happens to be in a file prefixed as "o102_" jk2mv is going to try to load it in 1.02 mode and the game will simply crash. When people make mods with custom clientsides (catz clientside, KaMod clientside, VvV clientside, ...) those mods are only for one version (catz clientside for 1.04, kamod and VvV clientside for 1.02, ...). You can't properly use those mods in another version of the game (1.04 mods can be loaded in 1.03 and vice versa, but the gameplay predicition is lagging, so it's not really a good idea; 1.02 mods in 1.03/1.04 and vice versa is going to crash). With the new "mvsdk" we're planing to release a set of qvms that work in any version. And we hope that new mods are using the "mvsdk" as codebase instaed of the basejk code. That way those mods would work in 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04 and have lots of basejk fixes included.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)