training for people new to jk2

Dates for regular training events. Sign up can also be done here.
Ferox

training for people new to jk2

Post by Ferox »

yo,

so im going to help out some people new to jk2 for example the LOA clan that was recently introduced here, but i thought im going to make it public so whoever is interested to learn more about jk2 and eventually become able to play captains (highest level CTF available on jk2) be my guest. this training events are going to be for people new to jk2 or with moderate skill. obviously, im not going to explain you how to switch saber stance or how to perform basic attacks like DFG, it is going to be somewhat more advanced and im giving you stuff that will instantly improve your skill level.

i cant help you take the step from moderate to top player because thats something you need to figure out yourself and requires practice and some experience, but i can definitely elevate you from bad/moderate to decent, with just little advice you can literally boost your skill a lot.

anyway, whoever is interested write in here or on skype. this is for anyone whos new or moderate skill, we will find a date together then
Boothand
Administrator

Re: training for people new to jk2

Post by Boothand »

Great initiative. I'm of course not new to JK2, but would love to catch this.

PS: For anyone wondering what "captain's" is, it's a CTF event where players get picked for a 5v5/6v6 match, in 1.02 (don't think any other versions ever do this). Here's some recordings from live streams to illustrate: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=166
Valar

Post by Valar »

must. learn. ctf.
must. learn. ctf.
must. learn. ctf.
Last edited by Valar on 11 Sep 2015, 15:52, edited 3 times in total.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Boothand wrote:it's a CTF event where players get picked for a 5v5/6v6 match, in 1.02 (don't think any other versions ever do this).
well when 1.04 CTF wasn't dead we did that a lot, too. It was called "pug game" there though.

nice idea :!: I'm wondering what you are going to teach with the exceptions you made? I thought the rest would just be a lot of practice.
strafing etc?
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Never been a good player and I am curious what you are going to teach. I would like to participate if I got the time.
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

depends on whoever signs up and how many ppl come (from LOA too), everyone is on a different level but some stuff might be interesting for all people
breathless

Post by breathless »

Hey , This looks like a cool idea !, I'd like to participate :D
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)