Greetings

New to the forum or to the game? Or a longtimer? Either way, tell us about yourself here!
Shifter

Greetings

Post by Shifter »

Greetings!

I am Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons ;) All Game of Thrones jokes aside, I am Shifter of the Sith Legacy, First of His Name, the Founder, writer of Code, and master of bad jokes... And you will bend the knee! >:)

I have been playing Jedi Knight 2 since 2010, when I was introduced to it by Mick and Kameleon. Since then I have ruled with an iron fist >:)

I figured it was about time I went ahead and registered on the community forum; glad to see it is relatively active compared to the amount of players left :)

I recently started to gain interest in modding, and have started the development of a spiritual successor to Force Mod II, which I will be writing from scratch. I am currently just working on the core structure of the mod, as well as writing the admin system, but I don't expect to start writing the "Force Mod" features into the mod until the "MVSDK" is released, as I would like it to be compatible with all versions of JK2 without having to port it to every single version :)

It will also have normal mod features and commands, but the main focus will be the Force Mod feature, and I don't expect to add too many commands to it, so don't expect to see fancy map modding features :P

I do plan to add a few new modes though, including a King of the Hill mode :)

I look forward to duel you all in-game, twats ;)

Best regards
Shifter
fau
Staff

Re: Greetings

Post by fau »

Hi
Isn't king of the hill already there? (duel gametype)
Shifter

Post by Shifter »

Although I can see why that could also classify as a "King of the Hill" mode, it isn't anything like that at all. The mode is based on the mode of the same name from Grand Theft Auto: Online.

In this mode, there will be a spot on the map, the hill, where players will be fighting for control. When you're alone at the spot your score will increase; it will not increase simply by killing others, though you obviously need to do so in order to hold the spot for yourself. I imagine all weapons would be most fun. I also plan to make a team based version of it, which would make it similar to a mode from Overwatch. The first person/team to hit the score limit wins. I imagine it would be relatively easy to add to existing maps; should just be a simple small entity extra (If anyone would require assistance doing so whenever the mode is finished, let me know).

I hope that clarified what I meant with "King of the Hill".
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Welcome!

Maxxi(PALPAMEME)

Post by Maxxi(PALPAMEME) »

Welcome to the JK2 community! I hope to see you soon on the servers :3
UNNLIMETED POWWWWWAAAAAA!
Palp
~troop~

Post by ~troop~ »

Welcome to the forums Shifter! I'm excited for this new "Force Mod" :D
(I'm sure the "hill" in ffa_bespin map is the pad, right? :) )
Should you turn to the dark side, you may see nothing.
#stormtroopers4life
Shifter

Post by Shifter »

~troop~ wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 20:59 Welcome to the forums Shifter! I'm excited for this new "Force Mod" :D
(I'm sure the "hill" in ffa_bespin map is the pad, right? :) )
You will be able to change the location of the "hill" on any map, but yes, the pad could be a place for it on Bespin. If you play it on CA Bespin you could even have it be inside of the tower near the pad. Be creative.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

nice to see u here dude, welcome
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
Maxxi(PALPAMEME)

Post by Maxxi(PALPAMEME) »

welcome to the forums Darth!
UNNLIMETED POWWWWWAAAAAA!
Palp
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)