SpaCe's introduction

New to the forum or to the game? Or a longtimer? Either way, tell us about yourself here!
SpaCe

SpaCe's introduction

Post by SpaCe »

Hi there! My name is AJ, I'm from the US and I'm 23, and it's amazing finding out about this forum years after thinking JK2 was surely dead.

I used to play JK2 all the damn time growing up, going mostly by the handle SpaCe. I learned all the basics of the multiplayer aspect of the game (no laming, dueling, etc) by playing on the Night Warriors server, though I never tried joining the NW clan. I ended up in Team Wookiee for quite some time, meeting the likes of KaiStagon, ShroomDuck, ukickedmydog, and many more great players. I was also a part of *Flaw and 'Nib for a while, going by the handles Swift*Flaw and Red'Nib. After not playing for a few years, I recently re-installed JK2 on my laptop through steam. I've been bouncing around on the (X6) instagib server as a way to pass time at work. I used the handle Lord Uprise for a bit on instagib servers too, when the community and I were big into instagib.

I randomly stumbled upon this forum looking for maps to download, and came across the ShroomDuck map pack which houses some of my favorite maps of all time. Not only that, but I was stunned when I saw other users like Acrobat had posted as recently as yesterday! Glad to see the community lives on, no matter how small it's become.

Thanks for reading,
SpaCe
Boothand
Administrator

Re: SpaCe's introduction

Post by Boothand »

Welcome back :) Glad people find this place somehow!
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Hi there and welcome!
SpaCe wrote:I randomly stumbled upon this forum looking for maps to download, and came across the ShroomDuck map pack which houses some of my favorite maps of all time. Not only that, but I was stunned when I saw other users like Acrobat had posted as recently as yesterday! Glad to see the community lives on, no matter how small it's become.
That's why we started this project. We never expected much attention and it also isn't the purpose of this site. It's just to have some modern, reliable way for community communication. And, as you can see, it worked much better then expected.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Welcome back! It's always nice to see people returning. And reading all those stories from the past, getting reminded of so many people, clans and groups that haven't been around in years. ;)
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)