Hi I'm a speedrunner

New to the forum or to the game? Or a longtimer? Either way, tell us about yourself here!
saito

Hi I'm a speedrunner

Post by saito »

Hello fellows,

I'm Saito a german Singleplayer speedrunner of JK2 and JKA. I never played JK2 Multiplayer before. I started playing JK2 v1.02 yesterday(8.04.2016).
I played some JKA MP when I was very young. Also JK2 was my first real PC game I ever played! :) I've spent like 200 hours in Singleplayer so I'm not totally new(Only steam hours doesnt include the time I played as kid). But I kinda want to learn Multiplayer combat stuff, especially the FF seems to be so interesting. Strafe jumping seems not to hard for me yet even SP and MP are a lot different:). I will try to learn the MP combat stuff as fast as possible so I dont get rekt so easily anymore!:)

So people already called me a faker because it looked like I knew how to strafe jump and also change the name of my color(apparently that's a thing *lol*), because I asked for combat tipps ingame. I already looked up this forum and saw a few tutorials and stuff =). One guy already helped me out a lot on the first day. =)

So I hope you can accept me as a new Player and I hope you don't get annoyed to much if I ask about stuff that I don't understand. C:

Saito
jozuf

Re: Hi I'm a speedrunner

Post by jozuf »

I will find and rekk you!
saito

Post by saito »

Nice to meet you too :D
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Welcome :D
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Hi! You must be saito_tv from Twitch :P Welcome.

Where are you from, what's your ping on Euro servers? You said you already checked some tuts on this forum, be sure to read the one I did about 1.02 force fights. I like to teach maybe more than I like to play so I'm happy to cover any topics on request, or teach you if I come in-game. And if you're interested in FF, I can assure you that with the right opponents it can be the craziest adventure, and really fulfilling.

If you're eager to learn, we might be able to kickstart a training event as well, like we've done a couple of times before. Otherwise, no questions are stupid, and don't be afraid to ask.
ManiaC

Post by ManiaC »

Hello again and Welcome =D
saito

Post by saito »

Boothand wrote:Where are you from, what's your ping on Euro servers?.
I said im from Germany and my ping should be about 15-30ms on EU servers^^.
Boothand wrote:Hi! You must be saito_tv from Twitch :P Welcome.
yup thats me:p.
jozuf

Post by jozuf »

Would be really nice if you could promote 1.02 MP on your stream! We always need more players. Cheers :-D
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Welcome to the multiplayer! :D
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Hello
Are you up for some "multiplayer" speedrunning? You can find some videos online, eg. this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plyxDa4w2iw by me, which is more of a marathon than speedrun :-) Check out expedition2, exploration maps and keep an eye out for Rachel and Acrobat.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

welcome!

and by the way
saito

Post by saito »

fau wrote:Hello
Are you up for some "multiplayer" speedrunning? You can find some videos online, eg. this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plyxDa4w2iw by me, which is more of a marathon than speedrun :-) Check out expedition2, exploration maps
Ya man sure. Thanks for beeing in my stream and I think you helped me getting up the mountain right? I will definitely try to do that more often :)
saito

Post by saito »

ouned wrote: and by the way
Of course I know this video :). But this video is made with 100 Segments and I did SingleSegmented speedrun so a 1 take :). We also improved found newer strats that recon doesnt use =). His run is on Jedi Master and SingleSegmented runs are done in Padawan. Jedi Master would be just annoying stupid in a SingleSegmented run and it doesnt make tricks harder. But I really love his run.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

What's your best time on a single segmented run? How would much time do you think you'd have to add for a Jedi Master single segment run? Took a peek, it's very impressive.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

do you have a record of your run? would be cool to see.
I had a good laugh when seeing recon basically skipping 3/4 of the first level only about 10 seconds after he begins
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Saito currently holds the WR ;) You can find both his time and his run here: http://www.speedrun.com/jk2 :D
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Ooh. What's 'real time'?
Vryndar is 3 seconds behind on in-game time, but ahead on 'real time'.
saito

Post by saito »

Boothand wrote:Ooh. What's 'real time'?
Vryndar is 3 seconds behind on in-game time, but ahead on 'real time'.
Real Time is when you don't count out loads. Every person has different loading times so we have a load remover. So we cut out the loads so it's fair.
So in Real Time im slower cause I have longer loading screens.
saito

Post by saito »

Boothand wrote:How would much time do you think you'd have to add for a Jedi Master single segment run?
I dont know really. The health management is a lot different in Jedi Master, so I would have to checkout all the health packs I usually need. Also The first few level where you dont even have a lightsaber are the hardest from what I noticed. I tried to do a 'fun speedrun on jedi master' recently, but I kept dying over and over because it's so different in the first few levels. So a SingleSegmented run on Jedi Master would be really stressful since you spent a lot of time dying and grinding for usually easy parts. So running it on Jedi Master would make it less fun to me :C. I prefer to do runs where I can focus on the general movement and hard skips =).

For a Segmented run where you can just grind a Segment for like 6 hours and repeat it again it would make totally sense.
Miso

Post by Miso »

Hey there, nice to meet you.

I'm a speedrunner myself although I have never practiced or attempted an SS in JK2 or JKA. The JK2 speedrun by Recon that was submitted to SDA is definitely one of my favorite runs.

Games I've ran:
Rampage Knights (Normal) Any% Assassin (PC) - 15:14 [WR] (old patch) {IGT}
Risk of Rain Any% Mercenary (PC) - 18:06
Sonic The Hedgehog 1 Any% (GEN) - 16:38 [PB] {IGT}
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Any% (GEN) - 19:18 [PB] {IGT}
Sonic 3 & Knuckles Any% Tails (GEN) - 37:15 [PB] {IGT}
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Story Mode (PC) Any% - 18:49

Some may not find much excitement from these games on this forum, but I figured I would share the games I have ran in the past and my times :)
Jj.miso
saito

Post by saito »

Miso wrote:Some may not find much excitement from these games on this forum, but I figured I would share the games I have ran in the past and my times :)
I think that's pretty cool dude. :mrgreen:
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

How about picking a route from some climbing map and making it a public challenge with time limit (eg. one month) when you can submit your demos a la defrag? Ofc ppl like Rachel would blow us out of the water, but I wonder if there is enough interest for this right now? Not that it wasn't done before in jk2, but currently there is no such thing going afaik.

PS And is 1.02 strafe mechanics any different from 1.04? Could we find a ruleset with moves that are doable on both versions?
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

There was a mod idea me and Daggo thought about, like a checkpoint-race thing. Clientside maybe necessary, not sure. But the idea is having some visible rings/boxes that you need to touch in a certain order, and your time will be measured. So like defrag but with targets. I guess you would be able to see them through the wall, and they are either always present or the next one appears once you've touched one point (though the latter makes it harder to plan out clever routes imo)

We think that would make for really cool events, challenges. If someone feels inspired, I'd like to see something like that.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

fau wrote:PS And is 1.02 strafe mechanics any different from 1.04? Could we find a ruleset with moves that are doable on both versions?
I think it's identical apart from moving backwards is slower on 1.04 and on 1.02 you can save yourself with uppercut in air, if we expand a bit beyond just the strafing part.
saito

Post by saito »

I would totally love a map climb challenge. But I'm not sure how much time I want to spent on this because I already do a lot of SP speedruns cause I want to improve my time before a online speedrun marathon (Shotsfired2). Also I have to do a lot of stuff for the university. The Checkpoint system sounds really nice! Also I have problems always switching between SP und MP strafe jumping which makes it kinda even harder. :lol:
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)