Hey there, it's Hunter

New to the forum or to the game? Or a longtimer? Either way, tell us about yourself here!
Hunter''

Hey there, it's Hunter

Post by Hunter'' »

Hi guys, Hunter's here

I'm a German guy straight from the Dutch border and was born there in 1987, so figure out my age yourself :ugeek:
I like to call myself an old Bantha, just as they did in Rogue Squadron - my first ever Star Wars game which I loved!

I've had JK2 for ages as a copy on CD and played the SP a few times and then had it laying around somewhere. It was when internet became more available in 2006 that it struck me like a lightning - it might be possible to play this game online, which it was. This shitty copy and a lack of installed patches were no obstacles at all. It didn't take long to make me an addict: The fact that you can fight on the one hand, but also just hang around and have a chat, on the same map, in the same mode - awesome! I was also attracted by the widely accepted, kinda old fashioned merits, of that kind to only fight players with saber on and bow before a duel, you get the idea. The small community helps in the particular way that you always see familiar faces whenever you come online.

I've seen big clans rise and fall, one of the most prominent imo was Talon's no Force, where I started to play JK. I then joined TLJ - a time that I really like to remember. I even met one member in real life, nice guy that was. Nowadays the clan is history like so many others and there's no real NF FFA server around. I therefore adapted to play a bit CTF at which I still suck and relax on Dark Homebase.

A few words to my person: I'm a sportive guy and just finished my masters in bioinformatics and am looking for a decent opportunity - help anyone?^^ Studying took me quite some time but the journey included a stay abroad in China and also the writing of my thesis at the German Aerospace Center/ESA which was a really great experience.

Hopefully, I could give you an idea of myself and thanks to the admins/team that realized this homepage. A compliment also for the header/banner. Let me use this opportunity to suggest an image/picture section for all JK2 (-player) related images/screenshots. Point out, if there is one already.
Boothand
Administrator

Re: Hey there, it's Hunter

Post by Boothand »

Hey, welcome! Thanks for sharing your story.

There has usually been an 'NTL' server around, which was purely no force, and Vampire Castle a little time ago. Seems to me the servers come and go now and then. You can play decent NF on !dimension 2 on Dark's Homebase, but we all know that server can have its time of the month where things can become a bit.. random. nD Backstage goes NF every now and then, but usually defaults to force again when we leave. Maybe you'd be interested in joining some occasional 2v2 NF fights.

A place where users could upload pictures/screenshots would be great, indeed. It's something we've briefly touched upon before, so who knows what might happen ^^.
Hunter''

Post by Hunter'' »

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, 2on2 NF fights sound great!
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Hunter'' wrote:It was when internet became more available in 2006
:lol:
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Nice introduction! Welcome to jk2.info! :)
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)