C4N in the middle

New to the forum or to the game? Or a longtimer? Either way, tell us about yourself here!
C4N

C4N in the middle

Post by C4N »

Hello to all the members of this awesome community, I'm C4N also known as Khan Katarn os just Canseco, my real name is José Canseco and not, I'm not a Baseball player, I'm a sysadmin from Spain that loves all the Jedi Knight saga (also the entire Star Wars, but not jarjar), I hope that maybe some people from here like Tr!force can remember me.

I want to show a bit of history about me and why I'm here again (playing and reviving JK experiences), I'm the guy who wrote this bullshit guide a long time ago, and also never seriously started a project called "JKCup" with the idea of making some kind of playstile mix with the classic JK and JK2.

I'm not good with programming stuff, I stopped making stuff with the jk source after I made a port of the JK imperial repeater to JK3 (for that JKCup project), with the burst fire and the rapid fire, easy thing may you think (some of you are really good programmers), but for me It just took me too much time so I decided to abandon that project . My frustration about this is that I have a lot of nice ideas that I know that I can't do, for that reason I want to ask on this introduction if I can post my "some crazy and some cool" ideas on this forum with the hope that someone may like it and make it.

Some time ago I tried to start a few servers (and Tr!force maybe remember an email I sent to him telling that I was interested in host one server with his 1.05 JK2 mod), but It was a pain in the a** with all of those exploits and people crashing the server every second, so I leaved the idea and also JK. But now this, JK2MV, this this is incredible, you guys just made something I was waiting since the first time I was attacked by some crybaby exploiter, so I decided to start again a project I never able to do because of the lack of knowledge and resources to stop those attacks. Now I know I can, I don't want to spam but this will be the main website: http://www.c4n.eu/

In the other hand I'm a really good sysadmin, I do not finished my studies actually (and I realized that I will never finish since stuff are always evolving) but making some freelance work before I look for a more serious job, and at this moment I'm working on a Idea using some instancing and cloud computing mechanics I recently learned in order to achieve a crazy objective with JK. I made some testing and when I made the math and I realized that an "empty available server with any gamemode" (I call it easwag) its barely an impact to a server, at the point that I can host almost 300 easwag on my personal server I use for lab-testing (using jk2mv), but then an idea bright on my mind, I know how to work with process balancing, moving process to one instance and replace the service for another one that just listen and reply to specific data and waits for other specific data to bring up the real service (sounds weird but it just works), so I made the math again with a theory and realized that with the same ip I can host all easwag the network layer limitation allows me (16bit minus reserved ones), with this idea I just can host all the easwag I want and "bring it up" on demand when someone joins the server.

But that is all a crazy idea I'm starting, just want to present myself and say hello :D I also like to make mods and maps when I'm really bored.
Steam - RSI

You may found me somewhere with this nicknames:
(Cjs|Canseco|Ms)
Khan Katarn
Canseco.
C4N
ouned
Administrator

Re: C4N in the middle

Post by ouned »

welcome!

why do you want to start a jk2 server by demand? Do you want to host hundreds? :D
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Welcome! :D
C4N wrote:I want to show a bit of history about me and why I'm here again (playing and reviving JK experiences), I'm the guy who wrote this bullshit guide a long time ago
As far as I remember you don't even need those libs. An empty file renamed to the name of one or two libs and the game worked just fine. :shock:
C4N wrote:Some time ago I tried to start a few servers (and Tr!force maybe remember an email I sent to him telling that I was interested in host one server with his 1.05 JK2 mod)
You wanted to host on mac? :lol:
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Hey, welcome!
C4N

Post by C4N »

Thank for the welcome, It is really apreciated
ouned wrote: why do you want to start a jk2 server by demand? Do you want to host hundreds? :D
Yes and no, I personally want to host every gamemode and popular mod on every version of JK, even if there is nobody on the servers, It just something I want to do because when I was young I always dreamed about hosting my own jedi knight server (weird dream but eh, I like my job as sysadmin, baybe it is just vocational) but that is just a dream that as I said I can do now, even if it is pointless now in 2016 (not too many players I thought). :ugeek:

On the other hand Its an interesting project to start for training a lot of stuff about cloud computing I learned recently.
Daggolin wrote: As far as I remember you don't even need those libs. An empty file renamed to the name of one or two libs and the game worked just fine. :shock:
Exactly, ouned told me that just after I published that... then I wanted to kill myself
Daggolin wrote: You wanted to host on mac? :lol:
Nope, why do you ask that?
Anyways, I got frustrated on my idea of hosting a few servers and left it because of the people crashing it with exploits.

And again, thanks for this welcome, means a lot.
Steam - RSI

(Cjs|Canseco|Ms)
Khan Katarn
Canseco.
C4N
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Cause jk2 1.05 is one of the mac versions. ^^
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

LOL canseco eres un puto hablando ingles! aqui esta el proceso de avanze del mod (llamado JKPlus, no 1.05) aqui, yo hace poco volvi a los desarrollos en jk2 aportando tambien a JK2mv.

pongamosnos en contacto! mandame un PM con tu mail o skype o lo que tengas, hay otra persona de 1.03 del clan DjK / KoA que también ha vuelto
Last edited by Tr!Force on 15 Nov 2018, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
C4N

Post by C4N »

@Tr!Force PM
Steam - RSI

(Cjs|Canseco|Ms)
Khan Katarn
Canseco.
C4N
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)