Radix's introduction

New to the forum or to the game? Or a longtimer? Either way, tell us about yourself here!
rdx

Radix's introduction

Post by rdx »

yo whatsup my name is patrick, im 25 years old and i live in germany(Bremen) and im working as an office manager.

so.... like everyone else, i had quite a looooong journey in jk2.
i started playing jk2 when it came out. my dad was really hyped back then, because he was a huge star wars fan himself, so he bought the game on the 24th december. i can still remember how paniced he was, since we were really late because the multi-media market in our town was closing at 12am. we ran like hell to the game section of mediamarket and grabbed the last fucking copy of the game hahahha...

i must say, it was the best christmas i ever had, i got my FIRST own PC with jk2 as my first game!!!11111 back in the days, we just had a 56k connection so playing online was not really an option, so i enjoyed the singleplayer vey much back then. (we didnt even have a flatrate back then, we had to pay per Kilobyte transferred, and it was a pain in the ass. FUCK YOU AOL)

after few months, the first volume/flatrate contracts appeared on the websites of the internet providers, so we switched and got an asswhoopin 75kb/s DSL connection with a 2GB volume flatrate. since i was like 12, or 13 years old back then i always had to ask my parents if i could go online and play, and it was a blessing for me, that they actually allowed to play such a gorefull game :O

i met alot of cool people, made alot of friends, and of course, i had clans i participated in:

my first clan i ever joined was |SoC (Sithlords of Coruscant) i had the name "Blade" back then.
(i'm really sorry im digging really deep right now...)

after SoC went inactive, i've made some friends and we created our own clan called -={TJK}=- (The jedi knights -or- the jedi killers, dont remember)

we had quite a blast, we met alot of people, and the best thing i remember from back in the days is, how |SuffiX| Xaser, tried to teach me to FF and dfa properly ahahahha... i remember him flaming and crying over teamspeak because we had no clue how to play CTF and we trained like everyday to improve.

But the best is yet to come:

After some years playing with my mates, i met another group of players. And maybe the most awkward, funny, and strange thing known to mankind happened: WE MET A GIRL/WOMAN ON TEAMSPEAK!!11

We all were shocked to the bones, that something like women exist in jk2 lmao...
Well we had a very good time, and we didn't know that this girl/woman will change my life regarding jk2.

After hanging around for about 1-2 years i was very interested in this girl so we arranged a meeting in real life and i got to know her even better.
The meeting was very strange, REALLY STRANGE. After hangin around with her the whole day i realised that i actually fell in love with her. I told myself, search ur feelings young padawan. This can't be real... but it actually was.

So yeah. We tried it, and it worked. Today, i have to say it was the best thing that happened to me. I met my future wife in jk2.. (pls dont laugh man i know its strange like hell, but hey, thats how love works right? it happens, when u dont expect it.)

We are planning to marry next year in april/may. I'm with her for 8 blasting years now, isnt that amazing?
We had some difficulties because of the distance of 450km, but it worked out and im marrying her next year :)

(This happened in the time after i met her, and fell in love and so on....)
after some years of playing we switched to World of Warcraft... -_-" thanks to my old mate sebastian and his friend benny. End of the story :)
Last edited by rdx on 01 Nov 2015, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
Hexes

Re: Radix's introduction

Post by Hexes »

Wow, nice story, welcome! :)
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

That's an interesting story. Especially running through the market and getting the last copy of jk2. :D
Looking forward to read the next part. ;)
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Welcome :) If you wanna share some more detailed stories (or less), you could also post it in this thread: Your JK2 story
Kazuka

Post by Kazuka »

Hahaha Jesus, I didn't know that you're still alive, Paddy!
By the way it was "The Jedi Knights" our first clan :P

We have to meet in JK2 soon ;)
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

nice introduction :lol:
welcome!

But wasn't JK2 released in spring?
ManiaC

Post by ManiaC »

LOL Patrick xD robbe... xD nice to see you here.
TJK good old times xD
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)