Close combat melee games

Not thinking of Star Wars all day? Post it here!
Ferox

Close combat melee games

Post by Ferox »

So while we are all here because we think jk2 is one of the best (or the best) game(s) ever made, i wondered if u guys are playing any other melee combat games. While there are several games in making such as

Mordhau:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA

and Warbanner 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyo3wT4GJls

I wondered if there are any good close combat games that are actually out yet? Im thinking of buying Chivalary but before buying anything random I wanted to ask here and see if u got any advice or any other good game that I do not know of (e.g. I didnt know anything about Mordhau coming up either until yday).
Boothand
Administrator

Re: Close combat melee games

Post by Boothand »

Did you mis-refer to Bannerlord as Warbanner 2? :P Well, it is pretty close to both Warband and Banner.

Chivalry is fun, but from what I've heard the competitive community has become a little ridiculous.

Mount & Blade Warband has a great single- and multiplayer, but especially the singleplayer. Here's the first result for "warband 2v2", seems pretty interesting, especially once the shields break. There's other more classic team game modes too, as well as Duel. Highly moddable.

Toribash is close combat and invisible skill ceiling, really cool, but hard to learn.
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

uhm well I wanted to point out Mount & Blade II and Mordhau. did u play Chivalary yet? is it somewhat as good as a combat/swinging feeling than 1.02 in terms of pacement/fluent movements?
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I've played it yeah. It's not much like JK2, although you can use the mouse to speed up and slow down swings. It's an FPS with swords so the movement is pretty responsive. You can do combos, but not like how you're used to in JK2.
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

downloaded Chivalry the other day, its fun even though its different from jk2 obviously. is there any possibility to download skins or anything to make a difference between red and blue team? its like impossible to make a difference sometimes its not like other games at all, especially when ppl are covered in blood or something rofl
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Hah. Yeah, not sure!
kino

Post by kino »

Anyone got much experience with Mordhau? I looked into it and even though I don't like the look of the combat mechanics from videos it does sound like it has depth... Not gonna stop playing jk2 but wondering how a jk2 player feels about Mordhau , might buy it
ZeuS

Post by ZeuS »

Mount and Blade Warband and Bannerlord
and Chivalry when it was fresh out still waiting for Chivalry 2 =)
About Mordhaus its a casual version of Chivalry pretty trash community and the combat system compared to warband feels shit
If you wanna have nice combat mechanics play Warband or Bannerlord
Silos needed
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)