GTKRadiant & MD3View & More Crash Fix

Get support for anything JK2 related, find tutorials for in-game and modding topics, and post any suggestions for the site here.
Abrum

GTKRadiant & MD3View & More Crash Fix

Post by Abrum »

Greetings,

For a while now, I haven't been able to run MD3View or GTKRadiant 1.5 or 1.6.5.

MD3View crashed when I did anything with it. GTKRadiant 1.5 showed a blank, black screen. GTKRadiant 1.6.5 simply crashed upon startup. GTKRadiant 1.4 would probably not work correctly either, but I never tested that. I imagine ModView may also be effected by this but I never tested that either.

Regardless, the fix has to do with GeForce Experience Overlay. This needs to be disabled in your GeForce Experience settings, which is reachable by clicking the gear to the upper right of the window. Doing so solved my problems. No more crashes or black/blank screens. Everything just works.

This is extremely important because it effects a wide variety of software and not just GTKRadiant. Please let me know if this solves it for you as well and spread the word!

Basic Tags: Jedi Outcast Jedi Academy JK2 JK3 JKII JKIII JA JO Jedi Knight
Specific Tags: Windows 10 Windows X Crash Black Screen Blank Screen GTKRadiant Modview MD3View

Credit to Xian55 for figuring out the cause of the problem. https://github.com/TTimo/GtkRadiant/issues/569
Abrum

Re: GTKRadiant & MD3View & More Crash Fix

Post by Abrum »

Upon closer inspection, I realized that this is in the wrong place, can someone move this to Help / Suggestions under the Community forum?
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Glad to see people sharing the issues they encountered and how they solved them. Maybe it can help someone else. :D
Moved to "Community >> Help / Suggestions". ;)
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Thanks for sharing!
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)