Linux VS Windows Server

Get support for anything JK2 related, find tutorials for in-game and modding topics, and post any suggestions for the site here.
sterfreak

Linux VS Windows Server

Post by sterfreak »

I recently spun up two servers. First was a Windows 2016 Datacenter box, the second was an Arch Linux box.
Both of them worked great with the binaries as clients! Seemingly, the windows one is great as a server!

But then there is the Linux dedicated server binary...
It seems to stutter for a split second every second. The Windows server has no such issue.
I have tried many different releases, from the automatic build, to the regular 1.3.1 release,
to compiling from source as x86_64. Nothing seems to fix it. Is there something in particular I am doing wrong here?
Has anyone else noticed this? It seems independent of the client, as this happens with any client OS.
fau
Staff

Re: Linux VS Windows Server

Post by fau »

Define stutter. Can you paste a server address?
sterfreak

Post by sterfreak »

Stutter?

Hmm. Like just a little bit of lag every second or so. It doesn't seem to be FPS related on the client end
I know it's not latency as the server is hosted locally to me. I put the Linux server online for you to see
ripjitter.no-ip.org:28070

EDIT: Instead of using my normal template I build the server from scratch and it seems to be working fine now.
Guess I have a bigger problem.
Last edited by sterfreak on 28 Aug 2017, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

It looks like your server has some serious timing issues. Can you set com_speeds cvar to 1 and paste log? What is your system load when you type "uptime" in a terminal? Is your system clock showing correct time? Do you use default config? What when you remove bots and use some basejk map?
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)