Help archiving JK2 tournaments

Get support for anything JK2 related, find tutorials for in-game and modding topics, and post any suggestions for the site here.
fau
Staff

Help archiving JK2 tournaments

Post by fau »

Recently me and Nod recollected a number of past JK2 leagues and tournaments, and updated this jkhub wiki page as well as we could: https://jkhub.org/wiki/index.php/Tourna ... ournaments

Still many events are missing and some info may be inaccurate so if you can improve it, please do. Edit the wiki page or post what you remember here. Links to old sites will be helpful too. Too bad whole jk2 esl is gone. Also I would like to know what events there were from 2008-2014 when I was 100% absent from JK2.

PS If you want to add 1.02 tournaments there should be probably a separate section to not mix them up.
Ferox

Re: Help archiving JK2 tournaments

Post by Ferox »

there probablay happened a few more but these are the ones I can remember. there are only tournaments, if you want clanwars tell me. for 2008-2014, check my jk2 history in the other thread (i covered not only my experience). also there is the jk2 1.02 section on that Wiki with teams and players that certainly arent 1.02, there is something mixed up there? also if i should list the unfinished tournaments on 1.02, it would exceed the word limitation of this forum

for jk2 1.02 (finished tournaments):

1. Unification Tournaments hosted by Lupus with my support: http://lupus1.com/unification/ for screenshots and interviews if you want to put them on the page

Unification Tournament I: Duel Tournament, 30th April 2004, 1. Lupus 2. Ferox 3. Gaara
Unification Tournament II: CTF Tournament, May 7th 2005, BBB won (we had a point system)

2. USB (Unified Battle Saber) Tournament I CTF, hosted by [G] Kinshu as far as I can remember or the entire [G] clan but Kinshu was the admin, I have to guess the date but it should be 2 years after the USB tournaments since I was still in JA there and joined CoS after, so 2006/2007, 1. CoS 2. DBD , cant remember third place

3. USB (Unified Battle Saber) Tournament II CTF, hosted again by G crew in late 2008 (YouTube is wrong there according to demo data), we played DBD again but it was only in the group stage so i think DBD wasnt third, the final was CoS vs qSa, CoS won, qSa 2nd place, third I believe was Mystic but rather not put it on that page im only certain about the final, YouTube if you want to link it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkRucdhniI

4. PuDeTo duel tournament

Duel tournament hosted by PuDeTo comunity server 1on1, May 2008 according to the demo data (can be accurate, it was after Unification tournaments), 1. Ferox 2. Laco, 3. Silver (demo is attached, check it), both semi final and final were 4-4 at one point

5. American duel tournament

Happened after the PuDeTo one in 2008 but i have no idea which month, 1. Ferox, 2. OR BlazE, 3. i could take a guess but that wouldnt be scientific since you want accurate data i think it was Assik anyway

6. American duel tournament II

One year later in start of 2011, 1. Ruck 2. Ferox

7. Countless duel tournaments

Weve organized countless duel tournaments over the years if you want to mention them, they were always popular but of course I never took records, the players winning most I can remember were: Sammy, Colossus, Laco, and me

8. American CTF tournament

I do not have the demo of this one right now so I cant change the demo data, on YouTube it says 2007 but in my mind it happened after the American Duel Tournaments (after 2008), in anyway 1. CoS 2. Shish 3. Krauls Team, Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9bgV1061vI

9. INTERLUDE TV VS FoS (i)

The last one can hardly be called tournament since the tournament only had 3 teams and 3 games, we wanted to host a tournament on one long Sunday but not enough people for 4 teams showed up. In anyway, we decided to move the game and play Interlude TV vs FoS (or i, cant remember), shouldve happened around 2014/2015, but maybe one of the other people remember better.
Attachments
demovompudetoturnier.zip
(4.62 MiB) Downloaded 1444 times
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

1.02 section is empty right now, it's a sub-section and next "CTF, Guns and Force-based Tournments" is a main section. You should get some sources for these, try using your old bookmarks in archive.org, follow links there. Some dates don't match (eg american duel tournament I and II) and I think dates and sources are most important (tournament start dates). This page doesn't collect clan wars, 9 is too small imo. I added two first unification tournaments so you can copy the layout: https://jkhub.org/wiki/index.php/Tourna ... ournaments

Sure if you can't find any sources just add what you remember and are 100% certain, This is what we did with few 1.04 events that are missing links. Please try though.

Afaik they want all tournaments so small 1v1 are ok too, as long as they were not too small (seems 8 is the lower player limit). But if you have no links, challonge brackets etc – I wouldn't bother.
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

i added everything, im pretty certain about everything except the American CTF one, i dont have the demo of it so i cant check. i added YouTube links as source for some, maybe I can get the old brackets that were on macespace (American community forum which is now down). i got no idea of brackets for the random euro duel tournaments, so i wont bother adding them unless you want me to, i just know the first and second places for 3 and the rough years. i also know there was a recent duel tournament that Shax won which is to be added
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Looks good, good job :-)
Miso

Post by Miso »

There's some old Pro@ tournaments missing from here as well, I'll provide you the Challonge links.

http://proat.challonge.com/
Jj.miso
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

just add urself, there are also a few with Shax missing and from the FFA scene there must have been many 1.02 tournaments but i got no idea of them
Shax

Post by Shax »

I've added 3, however I'm not sure of the others nationality... so someone will have to go and add that.

When I get some time I'll dig out my old drive, its got like results from any FFA Duel tournaments on it including [in my opinion] the most stacked FFA duel tournament 1.02 has ever seen in 2011.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Fix the unknown flags please. Use [[File:int.png]] (international). If you can find numbers of participants it would be great, it's a very useful piece of information.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Miso wrote:There's some old Pro@ tournaments missing from here as well, I'll provide you the Challonge links.

http://proat.challonge.com/
I agree with Ferox, if you participated, please try adding them. I wanted to do it but too many unknowns for a person who wasn't there: player flags, fake nicks, 2v2 teams. I wouldn't have been able to add a tenth of these tournaments if not for recollections and recollections of others' recollections.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)