Autojoin

Get support for anything JK2 related, find tutorials for in-game and modding topics, and post any suggestions for the site here.
jozuf

Autojoin

Post by jozuf »

Hi,

I got the problem on my server, that when someone is in spec and clicks on "change force settings" he will insta join the game rather than stay spec.
Now I heard from some1 that there's a pk3 which will prevent that.

Does any1 have this pk3 or knows another way to prevent it?

Thx!
ouned
Administrator

Re: Autojoin

Post by ouned »

not entirely sure but I think it is a serverside, 1.02 problem.
If I remember correctly people removed the forcechanged command to prevent that.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I thought the removal of the forcechanged command was a workaround to prevent the old forcechanged crash
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

As far as I know the problem is that clicking in the 1.02 menu sends "forcechanged none" to server and forcechanged with a parameter triggers a team-change on the serverside. The way I solved it on [DARK] was by adding the following line to the server's mod in "void Cmd_ForceChanged_f( gentity_t *ent )" (g_cmds.c), right before the team change:

Code: Select all

if ( !Q_stricmp(arg, "none") || !Q_stricmp(arg, "same") || !Q_stricmp(arg, ";") ) return; // Daggolin: 1.02 clients send those and trigger team-changes...
I hope this help you. ;)

//Edit: As Boothand just mentioned the forcechanged command getting removed, patching that out of the game is probably what the pk3 you mentioned did (probably containing a patched jk2mpgame.qvm).
jozuf

Post by jozuf »

Boothand wrote:I thought the removal of the forcechanged command was a workaround to prevent the old forcechanged crash
Yeah that's what I thought too. Maybe the autojoin fix was a side effect of that ^-^.
jozuf

Post by jozuf »

Daggolin wrote:As far as I know the problem is that clicking in the 1.02 menu sends "forcechanged none" to server and forcechanged with a parameter triggers a team-change on the serverside. The way I solved it on [DARK] was by adding the following line to the server's mod in "void Cmd_ForceChanged_f( gentity_t *ent )" (g_cmds.c), right before the team change:

if ( !Q_stricmp(arg, "none") || !Q_stricmp(arg, "same") || !Q_stricmp(arg, ";") ) return; // Daggolin: 1.02 clients send those and trigger team-changes...
I hope this help you. ;)
Thx, but I wanted to stay vanilla basejk :-D
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

why?
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

jozuf wrote:
Daggolin wrote:As far as I know the problem is that clicking in the 1.02 menu sends "forcechanged none" to server and forcechanged with a parameter triggers a team-change on the serverside. The way I solved it on [DARK] was by adding the following line to the server's mod in "void Cmd_ForceChanged_f( gentity_t *ent )" (g_cmds.c), right before the team change:

I hope this help you. ;)
Thx, but I wanted to stay vanilla basejk :-D
Daggolin wrote://Edit: As Boothand just mentioned the forcechanged command getting removed, patching that out of the game is probably what the pk3 you mentioned did (probably containing a patched jk2mpgame.qvm).
Vanilla isn't exactly what I would call a modifed jk2mpgame.qvm in a pk3. :mrgreen:
jozuf

Post by jozuf »

ouned wrote:why?
Hoped for a quickfix. 2 lazy to compile :(
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

jozuf wrote:
The pk3 probably contained a HEX-edited qvm. :P
Anyway, compiling a fix should only take you 5 minutes with the above codepiece. Faster than replying here. :P
jozuf

Post by jozuf »

Daggolin wrote:
jozuf wrote:
The pk3 probably contained a HEX-edited qvm. :P
Anyway, compiling a fix should only take you 5 minutes with the above codepiece. Faster than replying here. :P
Yes you're right, but I need that qvm compiler for Linux first. Meh
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

I think I only have that on my laptop. :/
You could clone ioq3 and compile the required tools for linux, but that's a bit more than 5 minutes. :lol:
jozuf

Post by jozuf »

Eventually I'm going to investigate further sometime, maybe.

Thx for the help guys.

Also: Speedthread.
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

jozuf wrote:Yes you're right, but I need that qvm compiler for Linux first. Meh
https://github.com/aufau/jk2sdk-gpl/tree/vanilla

`make tools'

edit: code is for 1.04 though.
jozuf

Post by jozuf »

Thx, I used the ioq3 stuff for now, I suppose it's the same?
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Tools (q3asm, lcc) are the same.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)