jk2 forums register / jk2 download link

Get support for anything JK2 related, find tutorials for in-game and modding topics, and post any suggestions for the site here.
Bolverk

jk2 forums register / jk2 download link

Post by Bolverk »

Heyo,

this forum should have a register of all other jk2 forums that are still out there. Also I think there should be a Downloadlink for jk2, so people who want to try out this game and find this forum can just easily download the game and try it out.
So if you have a download link, and if you know any forum links, please post them here.
Tr!Force

Re: jk2 forums register / jk2 download link

Post by Tr!Force »

Bolverk wrote:this forum should have a register of all other jk2 forums that are still out there.
i agree for that, act like a link between other communities/clans :D

about the game download link, they cant do that, share the jk2 full game is restricted and illegal in some countries, because is a paid game. :( is the reason why the most of websites host the game in torrents or public file servers, because you're responsible for what you download from Internet. everything is under the responsibility of each one
Last edited by Tr!Force on 18 Jan 2016, 19:16, edited 3 times in total.
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I don't know of any active forums for JK2, except occasional posts on jk2ffa, and perhaps some clan forums like the RoS/TSL.
JKhub is still a great source for modding, a lot of it is appliccable to JK2 modding. Luckily, we have sufficient people to have a modding board here too, though.

As for links to download the game, like for free - I know some forums have put this out, but we can't (won't/shouldn't) put this up here. The forum is registered in ouned's name and so on (due to german laws), and people have gotten in 'trouble' for less.
Hooowever, it's cheap(!) on Steam, cheaper than most games you come across.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/6030/
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Which version does that steam game have? 1.04?
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Bolverk wrote:Which version does that steam game have? 1.04?
Yes, but then you can just use JK2MV to play any version :D
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

I wonder how many people who buy jk2 from steam get the idea that there might be a bigger playerbase online in an older version...
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I think people who get JK2mv will look for servers with people in them, in all versions. We get new players in 1.02 too quite often. Last new player I talked to had used "the version thing" (which turned out to be jk2mv). Given the harsh environment for newcomers, them actually staying in JK2 in any version is a good thing. They will probably discover which version they prefer, since they're given the choice.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

a lot of people use jk2mv simply because of all the bugfixes, so they may find their way to 1.02 like that.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)