Two requests

Get support for anything JK2 related, find tutorials for in-game and modding topics, and post any suggestions for the site here.
aidor

Re: Two requests

Post by aidor »

Tr!Force wrote: 01 Dec 2015, 00:19 LOL that was ur problem... in that case i have one from SP (v1.03) compiled with cd check removed. i sent u via PM...

EDIT: about the extra options, i didnt found my old "extras" menu.. so ive made one for you in 5 min :lol: ... here is a pk3 with 4 aditional options to the current menu "controls -> others": 1st person lightsaber (cg_fpls), Private Chat (messagemode3), Hud Type (cg_hudfiles) and Field of View (cg_fov). extract the pk3 and place it in "base" folder

aaa.png
Hi Tr!Force,

Is there any chance you can share with me that Jedi Outcast SP build? I need an old one (and yours it is), cause last OpenJK releases uses SDL and has not gamepad/xinput support yet, and the old builds had gamepad/xinput support.

Hope you still have that JO sp build. Thanks in advance.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

aidor wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 10:52
Tr!Force wrote: 01 Dec 2015, 00:19 LOL that was ur problem... in that case i have one from SP (v1.03) compiled with cd check removed. i sent u via PM...

EDIT: about the extra options, i didnt found my old "extras" menu.. so ive made one for you in 5 min :lol: ... here is a pk3 with 4 aditional options to the current menu "controls -> others": 1st person lightsaber (cg_fpls), Private Chat (messagemode3), Hud Type (cg_hudfiles) and Field of View (cg_fov). extract the pk3 and place it in "base" folder

aaa.png
Hi Tr!Force,

Is there any chance you can share with me that Jedi Outcast SP build? I need an old one (and yours it is), cause last OpenJK releases uses SDL and has not gamepad/xinput support yet, and the old builds had gamepad/xinput support.

Hope you still have that JO sp build. Thanks in advance.
Of course, no problem. i can send u via PM tomorrow :+1:
"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst." - Kyle Katarn
  • JK2 & JK3 Code-Mod Developer
  • Jedi Knight Plus Mod Project: Click Here
  • E-Mail: triforce@gznetwork.com
  • Discord: TriForce#8785
aidor

Post by aidor »

Tr!Force wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 19:03 Of course, no problem. i can send u via PM tomorrow :+1:
Many thanks Tr!Force, I was getting insane searching an old OpenJO build, cause if I would use your guide posted here to build/compile it myself, I guess I will get an OpenJO build but without gamepad support, cause the master files at github hasn't gamepad support right now. Another problem I have to build it myself is that I can't download/install the Visual Studio 2013 stuff now.

I' m glad you still have it. See you later/tomorrow, and thanks!
aidor

Post by aidor »

As it seems Tr!Force hasn't that build anymore or can't share it or whatever it is... Does anybody else have that old OpenJO SP with gamepad support?
As I said, I'm looking for and old build before the SDL inplementation which removed gamepad support.

I just can't belive that there are no OpenJO builds (nor news or olds) out there. There is no OpenJO SP build even here, and this is a JK2 specialized forum. One of the best games ever made, Jedi Outcast SP, deserves a little more love, attention and support ':)
Nemios wrote: 30 Nov 2015, 17:48 2) Single Player build
I searched the Internet and couldn't find a single build for the single player part of the game on Windows. OpenJK don't work really well with JK2.
Could you provide a simple build? I don't mind if you don't do any change to the original code, except obviously the CD check. I have 3 copies of the original game (first release, SW Best of PC and Steam) but would love to play in a portable way the SP part of the game too, without a CD inserted and without Steam.

Thank you very much for the attention.
Maybe you, Nemios, have that OpenJO SP build (even you probably won't read this post)? I'm in the same situation that you, I searched the Internet and couldn't find a single JO SP build for Windows. Just unbelievable.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Have you tried using something like XPadder/Antimicro? It maps keyboard/mouse buttons to your gamepad, including mouse movement.
aidor

Post by aidor »

Boothand wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 12:14 Have you tried using something like XPadder/Antimicro? It maps keyboard/mouse buttons to your gamepad, including mouse movement.
yeah, thanks, I've tried XPadder and its playable, but is not as accurate as the native controller support OpenJK added (and then removed), specially when it comes to left stick/walk-run, because with Xpadder there is no gradual movement.

The controller/xinput support OpenJK added was really good and accurate, even it didn't have adjustements, anybody can check it with an old OpenJK with JA. I just need that but for JO SP.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

For gradual movement, you could play around with the +strafe command. Though not sure if it will be possible to have both free look and +strafe, since I think +strafe only lets the mouse be used to move gradually.
aidor

Post by aidor »

I'm not familiar with that "strafe" command (all I see with a fast search is about "strafe jump"). I will look a little more depth, even I can't see right now how it can make gradual movement, as far as JO/JA played with keyboard+mouse only have two speeds (walk and run). Thanks, I will look a little more about that strafe command, even the best would be that old JO SP build, of course.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Yeah, afraid I can't help with the JO SP build. The strafe command, as I know it, works like this: You can bind a keyboard button to +strafe, then when you hold it, you can move gradually using the mouse. However, that locks the view, so it might be a dead end, not sure.
aidor

Post by aidor »

ok, I see.. yeah, that will may help with movement but seems that probably will conflict with right/view stick. I may test it, thanks.

But I will find that OpenJO SP build, doesn't matter how much hide in the internet it is, I'll find it and then share it here and at a couple of places more. It's just unacceptable this lack of JO builds, and there's a lot of topics at JO Steam forums asking for controller support.

See you when I'll find it, and thanks for the help.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Most of us mainly play multiplayer though, so that's where most of our attention with regards to modding is being focused.

Probably someone with interest in a SP overhaul somewhere though! :)
aidor

Post by aidor »

yeah, I know most JK forums and communities are focused in MP, I understand why and its fine. But Jesus, just some builds for JO SP, I'm sure that I'm not asking for too much ':)

JO SP brought us the basics of this lightsaber combat system we all love, and I think it deserves a little more attetion and support. I've found a lot of OpenJO SP builds (old and new) for Linux and Mac, but nothing for Windows.
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

You could also visit https://jkhub.org/ or their discord https://discord.gg/dawSh27
That's where the people who work on OpenJK (and by extension OpenJO) hang out. Maybe eezstreet or ensiform will be able to help you.
aidor

Post by aidor »

I've already asked at Jkhub some days ago, but with no answer (they don't seem interested about gamepad support, even they removed it from OpenJK two years ago). I think there's no need to ask at their Discord.
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

Sorry for the late!
i already sent u the openJO binaries from Jan 22, 2015 (before SDL2 was added)

try it :D
aidor

Post by aidor »

Many many thanks Tr!Force! already test it and it works flawlessly and with xinput support :ok_hand:
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Maybe upload it in here, for future reference? Others could be searching and finding this somehow.
aidor

Post by aidor »

Boothand wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 18:01 Maybe upload it in here, for future reference? Others could be searching and finding this somehow.
yeah, it would be nice. But as far as its a TriForce build, and he seems to prefer to share it via PM, I need his autorization to upload it. I will ask him.
---------#

Btw... do you guys know if there is a console command or something to disable or turn off the "console prompts" that appears at the top left corner every time we pick up ammo or items or save game...?
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

cl_noPrint 1 disables messages completely.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Boothand wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 16:10 cl_noPrint 1 disables messages completely.
Won't that also disable the "You need a KEYTYPE to open this" message? And the "You got a KEYTYPE" message? If so, that could mean he would have to look at his inventory all the time? Or does that cvar only handle the top messages, and not the centerprint ones?
Tr!Force

Post by Tr!Force »

Boothand wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 18:01 Maybe upload it in here, for future reference? Others could be searching and finding this somehow.
Of course, you can download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipkgz3j734474 ... 1.zip?dl=0
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Kameleon wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 19:07
Won't that also disable the "You need a KEYTYPE to open this" message? And the "You got a KEYTYPE" message? If so, that could mean he would have to look at his inventory all the time? Or does that cvar only handle the top messages, and not the centerprint ones?
It's only the top messages in multiplayer at least. cg_draw2D 0/1 includes centerprint messages.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Boothand wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 14:13
Kameleon wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 19:07
It's only the top messages in multiplayer at least. cg_draw2D 0/1 includes centerprint messages.
Nice :D Gonna remember that for next time I play SP then :D
aidor

Post by aidor »

Test it in SP and that is what I was looking for, thanks Boothand!

Now I only need a cvar to reduce weapon bob, but it seems that that cvar doesn't exist, at least in JO_SP, so that's all... I guess ':)

Thanks for all the help guys!!!
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

aidor wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 10:19
Test it in SP and that is what I was looking for, thanks Boothand!

Now I only need a cvar to reduce weapon bob, but it seems that that cvar doesn't exist, at least in JO_SP, so that's all... I guess ':)

Thanks for all the help guys!!!
Setup -> Options -> View Swaying.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)