Climb it Challenge

Training, captain's game, tournaments and other events. If you want to gather some people, this is where to notify!
fau
Staff

Climb it Challenge

Post by fau »

Climbit1v2 is a fresh short climbing map by Kenny and reaching the top is our next challenge. As previously the winning demo will be featured on official jk2.info youtube channel. You can see a previous winner here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2xcjCqO2BM

This time there is only one week to send your demos. I may consider prolonging it if there is such request though.

Good luck and safe climbing!

Rules (*)

Updated deadline, max fps is 142 now.
  • Demo must be sent before 26 September 2016 24:00 UTC. It's advised to send few demos in case your best one doesn't meet our criteria.
  • Demo must be recorded on [Dark]JumpingServer
  • Time is measured from the moment you leave the very bottom flat surface, to the moment you land on top platform.
  • No wall running, kicking, overbounce. Default physics, sv_fps 20, g_forceRegenTime 0 (in case Dark server settings were wrong during recording, it doesn't make the demo valid).
  • Maximum allowed fps is 142. We don't enforce it with pmove_fixed for better player experience, but demos will be checked for any violations of this rule.
  • It is not allowed to use any programs/mods that give unfair advantage, impossible to gain using original jk2mp.exe client.
  • It is not allowed to modify/override assets in b-mountain.pk3.
  • It is not allowed to modify demo by external software.
  • It is not allowed to change your view angles with other means than moving the mouse.
  • It is not allowed to bind any actions that alter the movement of a player to your mose wheel.
  • It is not allowed to record or reproduce player's input data. It is not allowed to execute sequence of commands that affect player behaviour using predefined timing and order. All complex movement binds (eg multiple +something commands in a single bind) are banned. Any kind of automation is forbidden.
  • Finally the spirit of this ruleset is to give players an even ground. If you have any doubts about a helper or game/map exploit, let us know and we will answer without spoiling it to others.
(*) Most rules come from DFWC 2014 Rules
kenny

Re: Climb it Challenge

Post by kenny »

Nice, bit different from Acrobats map, and has a lot of potential for really fast times :)

Nice run by the way on B-mountain fau, impressive. And good job acrobat with the map, it is a really fun and almost ideal climb map!
Cutie

Post by Cutie »

My time is 1:45:500.
Feel free to use the demo provided to improve your run.
Attachments
1_45_500.rar
(105.92 KiB) Downloaded 1635 times
Miso

Post by Miso »

Cutie wrote:My time is 1:45:500.
Feel free to use the demo provided to improve your run.
What a nice guy! I mean, girl! I mean, thing!
Jj.miso
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

So what do we do? Finish the challenge and start climbit v2? I wanted to give it another week but didn't expect next map release so soon. Do people play it already? Sorry for asking like this, but I'm slightly not up to date, Daggo is very busy too and I can't even ask him about Dark server timers. You must help me out guys, I'll keep making videos and posting :P
kenny

Post by kenny »

Sounds like you want to have a shoot at climbit2, so go for it. I can give cutie this win, i couldnt beat his time. Although the map is not uploaded to dark.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

fau wrote:So what do we do? Finish the challenge and start climbit v2? I wanted to give it another week but didn't expect next map release so soon. Do people play it already? Sorry for asking like this, but I'm slightly not up to date, Daggo is very busy too and I can't even ask him about Dark server timers. You must help me out guys, I'll keep making videos and posting :P
Give it another week :)
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

kenny wrote:Sounds like you want to have a shoot at climbit2, so go for it. I can give cutie this win, i couldnt beat his time. Although the map is not uploaded to dark.
It has been on there since the 26th, with timers.
kenny

Post by kenny »

Daggolin wrote:
kenny wrote:Sounds like you want to have a shoot at climbit2, so go for it. I can give cutie this win, i couldnt beat his time. Although the map is not uploaded to dark.
It has been on there since the 26th, with timers.
Ye cutie told me today, had no idea =D
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Ok, if you have any more times or just managed to climb it – report it today please and I'll be closing this one.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)