Temple of Mechanism : Beta test Event v2

Training, captain's game, tournaments and other events. If you want to gather some people, this is where to notify!
lil_binger

Temple of Mechanism : Beta test Event v2

Post by lil_binger »

The Temple of Mechanism 2nd Beta test.

Today! Saturday November 28th at 8pm CET or 2pm EST,

Thanks to all who participated

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0wzU ... sp=sharing

We will be holding one more beta test for the map. And if no major bugs are found, this will end up being a release party!!!

New to the beta test are 2 separate maps:

mechgolf.bsp and ctf_mechgolf.bsp

Those who attended the first test requested this area be a map in itself for use on a jump server after discovering that strafe jumping was quite fun through the area.

Both of these maps are compiled and ready for the test. The ctf map is intended for a no force ctf match and I have placed many clips around the map to restrict some areas which are undesirable to get to during a ctf match. This area was not built for ctf and I can't say the game play will be balanced or not. The ctf map also only has weapons used for ctf matches in JK2 for a no force ctf match. There are no grenades in the ctf version to golf with. Mechgolf.bsp is basically the same as it is in the temple of Mechanism except you cannot enter the other temple areas. Only the golf course is available. Also, the sounds for each hole for the sound effect are hole specific and is not a global sound. (so if someone decides to trigger it often they will only be annoying themselves.)

New for the main map:

a stage at the bar which I couldn't be much happier with.

A new underground area consisting of a couple areas I had deleted previously in an earlier version and redesigned a little bit.

More secrets, and some other improvements here and there.

I hope everyone can stop by and have some fun with us!
Last edited by lil_binger on 28 Nov 2015, 22:15, edited 3 times in total.
Boothand
Administrator

Re: Temple of Mechanism : Beta test Event v2

Post by Boothand »

Yay :D We should try out a CTF match. Will be interesting.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Sounds great! :)
NubSmoo

Post by NubSmoo »

Hooefully can make it damn diff time zones lol
{Nub} Ownz Your Face!
Milka

Post by Milka »

I'll try to catch that event too! :)
thermal-golfcourse.jpg
thermal-golfcourse.jpg (399 KiB) Viewed 66446 times
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

My thoughts on this weekend's event is, it could possibly turn into a final release party.

I am stongly considering the map names etc released in this version be exactly as they would be for a final release. If no major bugs are found, I will just let the map ride the waves for a little bit and take down any notes to work on a version 2 if one is needed down the road. So getting as many people for the test we can would be awesome to know wether or not we have a connection problem due to too many entities. Also having the server accommodate at least 16 players maybe? I would be happy if 16 people could connect at the same time and not have to change anything if more needed to connect. I'm pretty happy with how the map is working and looking currently. After testing the last compile last night, my last set of notes to change in the map consisted of 3 things. and I am compiling a final version now.

It mainly comes down to connection problem or lack thereof for the test this Saturday. I've found a few bugs and fixed them since the test. One of those being hard to spot and I didn't notice unless I sat motionless for a few seconds.

So for Saturday, if connections are good and no major bugs are found The Temple of Mechanism will be ready for a public release.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

can't come today :(
people should make those events on everything but not Friday and Saturday evenings :P
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

awww. It's hard to get everyone in one place separated by so much distance etc. Your efforts helping beta testing will be noted though from last week. Thanks for helpling with the last test :)
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

We did find enough to make one more edit of the map. Just litte stuff mainly. One somewhat major problem though.

Ctf seemed like it needed a lot more polishing to have competitive matches. I am considering releasing it separate from mechtemple. But I will look into it soon
Milka

Post by Milka »

Looking forward to that release!
Anyway, was big fun, so go on! :D
mechgolf-CTF.jpg
mechgolf-CTF.jpg (575.68 KiB) Viewed 66366 times
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

CTF with wallhack? That's doesn't seem right. lol
Milka

Post by Milka »

Its very helpful to locate the afk-Daggo! :P
mechgolf-CTF9.jpg
mechgolf-CTF9.jpg (553.21 KiB) Viewed 66357 times
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

AFK Daggo? I've not seen him ingame myself I think. :/

Back to the topic: thanks for letting us try your map lil_binger. I am looking forward to the release. ;)
lil_binger

Post by lil_binger »

You guys were a big help. Compiling one last time mech golf and mechtemple after fixing a couple more things. 1 more entity removed today. so a total of 32 entities removed from the test so hopefully a full 32 person server can be played. 32 removed means 16 more could connect I believe. And the entities removed doesn't really compromise the look of the map.

I look forward to releasing it too :P I can't wait to not have to work on it any more. hehe
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)